BootsnAll Travel Network



Hanging in Perth

Dig this – the actress I saw as Rosalind in As you like it (Eve Best) is a front-runner for a tony nom for moon for the misbegotten (which I have never seen…). Cool beans. I think the nominations come out tomorrow. Not that I’ve heard much about this last broadway season, other than Frost/Nixon.

I’m trying to upload my last CD of madagascar photos and videos, but I’m having major issues, so it might be a few more days. I’ll try again in a bit. I think there should be one new youtube video up from the other day. Its of a tortoise hissing (hopefully the sound came through – I haven’t yet found a computer with sound).

Let’s see – what have I been up to? Saturday was totally lazy. I hung around the hostel. Went out to Northbridge with a bunch of Swedes and a British guy to go clubbing (all the girls in Perth wear cocktail dresses – it was a little odd). The night was a little meh. Oh – and over here they have jack daniels, but like bacardi breezers they come as JD and cola (or jim beam and cola or wild turkey and cola, etc.) Do they have those in the US now too? I’m often not sure if things are new because they are new products or only available internationally or what.

Sunday I went into Freemantle, or Freo, to go to the weekend markets. Got some groceries, wandered around. It was very cute. Hung around the hostel in the evening (I finished my murder mystery and I’m on a tale of 2 cities now). I’m still waiting on my package, and I think I might have to go to the FedEx office to pick it up at 4.

Went to brunch in Lederville today with Ellie, a friend of Emily’s, which was a lot of fun. We did some window shopping, and she showed me some indie cinemas. (One in Lederville is having a double billing of 28 days later and Sunshine – 4 hours of Cillian Murphy… Unfortunately I might be gone from Perth by then.) Then I wandered around Northbridge for a bit and now I’m trying to upload stuff, not very successfully. Ah well. I’ll report on the job situation as soon as I know anything. I’d like to hang around my hostel for a few weeks – its a good group of people.



Tags:

Comments are closed.