BootsnAll Travel Network



Belfast

Hey everybody! I don’t really have time for a full post just now (probably tomorrow). But I am here and having an absolute blast!! I met a guy on the bus from Dublin who was headed up just to attend this session (here I’ve lived in Ireland 3 months without going to one!) so he invited me along. It was this great bar up the north side of the city – so no young gap students, just a bunch of folk turning out for the music. Sure, it was great craic (like my Irish?). I had an AMAZING time. The music was phenomenal and some of the musicians teased me for being so into it. Anyway(s) – I checked my guidebook later and it said it was one of the best spots around for hard-core music fans. 🙂 Pretty serendipitous, no?

Today I went up the coast to the Giant’s Causeway. Also absolutely incredible. The coastal scenery was breathtaking, the causeway itself was very cool (I’ll try to get all my photos up soon – ooh! I got this GREAT shot of 2 fulmars on a cliff (if it turns out)). We saw a few other sites around the coast, and the guide pointed out some cool things on the road there. I’ll write more tomorrow when I’ve got my journal with me. Saw dreamgirls tonight – it was alright. Oh! and then in the middle of some good songs and mediocrity John Krasinski pops up! Just after I was saying how much I miss the office. Anyways, the 3 (yes, 3) nominated songs will at least make the song portion of the oscars go better. Tomorrow I’m going to try to round up some people to go on a black cab tour, see the botanical gardens, and maybe this nature place over by the docks. And head to an internet cafe – and photo shop. I need a proper lens cloth for my camera – I got sea foam on it today at the causeway.

nada – in the hostel. I wonder how many backpackers have seen Hostel?



Tags:

Comments are closed.