BootsnAll Travel Network



Last night I dreamt you were dead

My laptop is in Honolulu!! Yay! My musica is on its way!!!

Speaking of music; should I wait to replace my ipod until I can afford a complete replacement (the new 30gig ones), or should I buy a little mini mp3 player that holds like 100 songs to hold me over for taking to the gym?
Wandering around town taking photos today (which I’ll be able to upload… from my laptop!).

We got a new roommate. She’s German, but she speaks Spanish, too! So we’ve got a lot of spanish going on around the house.
Saw Perfume last night. It wasn’t completely brilliant, but it was a really admirable job for a subject that most people said couldn’t be made into a film. Ben Whishaw gave a brilliant, nearly mute performance. He’s the reason the film works. The narration was occasionally stilted, although it gave the film sort of a feeling of a fable (and now everytime I hear voice-over I think, “…and God help you if you use voice-over in your work, my friends. God help you. That’s flaccid, sloppy writing. Any idiot can write a voice-over narration to explain the thoughts of a character.”- Brian Cox as Robert McKee in Adaptation). Jesus – Ben Whishaw was 24 – my age – when he appeared as Hamlet at the Old Vic. Holy shit. Overall, I enjoyed the film. Parts of it were really sensuous, especially the scene with the plum girl. Parts are really creepy – Tom Twyker did a good job (the original german trailer is still one of the creepiest trailers EVER). I do wish the part of the story when the girls were dying had drawn out a bit more (although it was already 2.5 hrs). I would love to smell the box set of perfumes that was created for the film.
Things to distract myself with till the laptop arrives:

Did you know that Ken Kwapis, who frequently directs the US Office, also directed Follow that Bird? As in- one of my favorite films EVER when I was about 5?

The NYTimes reviewed Death at a Funeral, which I’ll be seeing in 3 hours… I’m going to finish reading it after I see the film.

Angelina Jolie is ‘Wanted’ for Some Sexy Photos.

From Cleolinda: “New Batpics with tons of Joker. YAY. If something happens to them, I have a backup here.” Heath Ledger looks AWESOME as joker. And Christian Bale is gorgeous as always.
John Turturro is Going to Distribute His Musical ‘Romance & Cigarettes’ Himself. Thank god. I’ve wanted to see that for like 2 years.

First look at Hitman.

Okay – so I finally got around to seeing this. Why can’t we get American prisoners to do that? (I’m flashing to the Oz musical episode…)

musica: smells like teen spirit – nirvana, even flow – pearl jam, lithium – evanescence, all around me – flyleaf, silver and cold – AFI, on a friday – blaqk audio

Holy crap – blaqk audio are covering boys and girls? I love that song! And its a pretty perfect song for a really androgynous lead singer… Ack – I have to go get outside while its sunny.



Tags: , , , , ,

Comments are closed.