BootsnAll Travel Network



Mui Ne….Mui Relaxing

After a great time in Saigon and a fantastic departure meal where Jeff attempted to make his own noodles, we arrived in the sleepy town of Mui Ne on the coast of Vietnam. The four hour bus ride was a breeze as we are beginning to see that outside of China (where everything is a 10-12 bus ride) as long as you can put up with Karaoke music the rides are simple. Being the saavy travellers we are (yea, right!), we strong-armed the bus driver into drop us off on the road side instead of delivering us like the rest of the bus to the most expensive hotel in Mui Ne. Good move!!! We jumped on a moto with our bags in tow and headed 7km to the northern edge of the beach and our secluded resort hideaway of Hai Gia.

This place came highly recommended a few days before from the Canadians (Jeff and Tanya) we met in Saigon and it did not disappoint. While the accommodations are more rustic than the uber-hotels at the other end of the beach, $6/night gets you two big beds (one for sleeping, one for luggage), a private bathroom, and a fan. It doesn’t get that humid in Mui Ne because of the breeze off the South China Sea so air-con is not a necessity. A quick 20m walk down the path took us to our secluded beach hangout for the next four days. What a private place!!! The only person who sells anything on the beach is a sweet lady selling fruits in the morning and after that you aren’t hassled by anyone. Absolutely perfect!

The beach itself has some great sights ….the ambience of watching local fishermen and their families pull in the days catch, the unbelievable, brightly colored shells that pull any beachwalker into an obsession, and some of the most gorgeous sunsets we’ve seen yet. Perfect place and fantastic recommendation from our fellow travellers. Well, except for Jeff’s new obsession with eating everything squid and spending every waking moment in a hammock, there isn’t much more to tell as we enjoyed a relaxing break on the beach. In the next week we plan on conquering Central Vietnam and its shopping jewel, Hoi An. Stay tuned for another cooking class and TOO MUCH shopping!!!



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *