BootsnAll Travel Network



Touring Singapore

We have been exploring all over Singapore, with a great network of public transport, it has been really easy to get around.  Not to mention a whole lot of walking, so much so I think it really has added to our weight loss.  I am down to 71kg, Yippee!!  We ventured to a small island to the south of Singapore called Sentosa, pretty much for families, but we did enjoy it.  The highlight was definetely the lazer light and water show, granted it was very cheesy acting, but the show itself was awesome. We pretty much spent all day there, might have been a little too long, but since the light and water show was at 730 we stuck around. Another day of walking around! The dolphin show, 4D show and Merlion were also pretty nice. However I would suggest passing on this place unless that is if you have kids. I will say there are tons and tons of places to shop in Singapore! This we learned from touring around on the hop on-hop off bus, apparently it is one of Singaporeans favorite pasttimes, that and eating. Plenty of 24 hour shopping and eating places. So we have been staying up pretty late. Last night it was to go to the Night Safari, now with Halloween coming up, it was all decorated. Personally I was there to see animals at night, not to listen to young kids screaming as staff dressed up jump out of the woods!! Luckily it was only for about 10 minutes at the start of the entrance! It was very nice the rest of the time, plus since we stayed so late we finally stopped walking and took a tram around, which we had all to ourselves for most of the way. Thank God children get tired and want mommy and daddy to take them home! We ended up leaving the zoo at midnight! Needless to say we decided to sleep in today, which was much needed after all the walking and late nights. Today we went down to the riverwalk and had a look around. We ended up spending a few hours at a pub watching rugby (France-winner vs Scotland and Australia-winner vs New Zealand) well worth it since they had great beer!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *