BootsnAll Travel Network



Visiting The Bund, Shanghai after 6+ years

IMGP2545.JPG

Good Year is on the sky in Shanghai Bund, who else?

IMGP2539.JPG

Two flying fishes!Who is on the ground?

Banks!

I haven’t visited Shanghai Bund for more than 6 years after I graduated in 2001 until yesterday. My parents-in-law are visiting us and we wanted to walk around the city in weekend. The bund obviously is our first choice of sightseeing. The weather wasn’t perfect, windy, cloudy and chilly, especially by the Huangpu River.

Things have been changed so much: Jinmao Tower is no longer the most visible building in Pudong from the Bund; Chartered Bank Building was redesigned and renovated by a team of international architects led by Italian designer Filippo Gabbiani, and was reopened in Nov. 2004. It is now no longer a bank; one of the Big Four nation-owned banks China Bank of Communications moved out of the Bund, but the other 3 (BoC, ABC, ICBC) of Big Four are still on the Bund. Wikipedia page didn’t catch these changes.

IMGP2552.JPG

China Citic Bank

Take a real virtual tour on the Bund to see all the buidlings here:

http://shgov.city8.com/sh10951_BA1H-0.833_0.206_1.309.swf 

You wil need to install Flash 9 in order to take this grand tour developed by a Chinese map company city8.com



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Visiting The Bund, Shanghai after 6+ years”

  1. elliottng says:

    I liked the city8 panoramic tour, although it was very slow from the US. I tried to find other panoramic tours but couldn’t understand how to use the tool (ahh…the cost of being illiterate in Chinese). I’d love to see other panoramic tours here at Wondering with Wind….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *