BootsnAll Travel Network



Day two of classes

Hmm…its been an interesting set of days.

My Italian Professore is named Carlo, and I love him so far. He’s very friendly, pretty interesting, highly interactive, and oozes of his nationality, which makes him wonderful! He asked for a presentation from us in Italian for today, so I will get working on it in a bit. I have it all written out, I just want to make sure I memorize it as best I can.

My professore for US/EU relations since WWII is very interesting as well. He is hardcore about his class, and taught last at Stanford. The syllabus gives a pretty good judgement of what I think I can expect this semester from him. The final will be a 14 to 16 page research paper on the topic of our choice that deals with the class. I want to tie in communications to whatever I decide to do, so that I not only enjoy it, but can dwell on my expertise. I’m thinking the privatization of the media as compared to government controlled media angencies could be explored. It may not be specific enough for the class, but if given the chance, I could mold it to make it work. Certainly there is a difference between our news outlets and the BBC, for example,. What that means at a global scale is unknown to me…but I would be eager to find out. But eh, this the first day, I hope a stroke of brilliance hits me with a wonderful idea. Damn, I wish Aurora was here, I could make her proud. The class though is 3 hours long…

I’ve realized that making lunch for myself is the most stressful part of my day, I will dwell on it another day as I want my Italian presentation to be top notch, but let me just say that four flour tortillas should not cost 3 Euro 60 cent, nor should the closest equivalent to muenster cheese be a blue/green stinky colored cheese. That is all.

-Edgar
ps- Oh Drea, Aurora is my communications teacher from last year. She is wonderful, just finished her first book (which Danny Tolli has assured me he has ordered…I’ll wait for the paperback) , and is the best dressed teacher I’ve ever had. She is Sex and the City personified, and she’s Canadian, which makes her even more awesome.



Tags:

No Responses to “Day two of classes”

  1. April Says:

    perhaps you are approaching lunch the wrong way? ciabatta bread + salami + swiss cheese? stick to what the locals make abundantly. the tortillas maybe an “import,” thus making it more expensive. or, you know…gelato for lunch (and dinner) doesn’t sound too bad.

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply