BootsnAll Travel Network



GLORIOUS VENICE

Ok so after Ferrara, when i arrived back at Florence’s train station I decided that I really wanted to venture to Venice, so right then an there I purchased a one way ticket for the next morning. I would have gone straight to Venice from Ferrrara but 1. I didn’t have my passport on me (which is needed to check into hotels), and 2. I promised Chris I’d go gay clubbing with him in Florence upon my return. So after a night of gay clubbing, I woke up 5 hours later…running to catch my train. Catch the train I did, and after 3 and a half hours I arrive in Venice. I was instantly stunned by the beauty of the city, but before I could really begin to enjoy myself…I had to find a place to stay the night. At a tourist office I picked up a list of hotels and hostels in the city. After 2 hours of hunting down hostels, all of which were booked, I decided to begin checking hotels. The cheapest I could find was 70 Euro a night, and it wasn’t in Venice, but rather on the mainland. It was kinda disheartening and I was starting to give up hope, when I saw a sign on a tiny little street corner. It read “Beds for Friends” and I follwed the directions to this private appartment. I ran the doorbell, they opened the gate, and in Italian told me to come in. Granted the apartment complex was enclosed, and in a nice area, but it was still uber sketchy. After climbing up 3 flights of stairs I was greeted by a wonderful lady who welcomed me into her home, told me to sit down and gave me some wine and biscotti. She then offered me a bed for the night (for a mere 25 Euro) and she said that breakfast would be included. I was in heaven. Her husband, Pietro, then showed me around the apartment, gave me my own set of keys, and I was on my way to explore the city.

Venice is absolutely amazing. Its a city full of life, rich in vibrant colors, italian hospitality, and an almost unrealistic beauty.

Here are the best pictures of the trip so far:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
check it out!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Piazza San Marco
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
View from on top of the tower
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
These are Anna and Pietro who took me in, the other two girls are some friends from Taiwan I made who were also staying with them
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Venetian Eddie: you know you love it!

Peace, Spice, and Adventure,
-Edgar



Tags:

7 Responses to “GLORIOUS VENICE”

  1. Nishi Says:

    oh my goodness. those are absolutely stunning. i am so glad that you are doing this — traveling wherever the hell you feel like it and doing it on impulse. ah. im so jealous, so very jealous.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Sharon Says:

    Wow! Your pictures keep getting better and better! Yey for spontaneous travelling!

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Liz Says:

    wow! so awesome edgar! yay for spontanaity! i’m so jealous! i love that you went without even having a place to stay! how long were you there? ahhh so jealous!

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. jes Says:

    aw eddie! im jealous! the pics look beautiful…i cant wait to check out europe for myself next year! Anyway you are deeply missed back “home” here in nyc…cant wait till you get back and tell me all about the trip in person!

    kisses,
    Jes

  8. Posted from United States United States
  9. April Says:

    that’s what you need to be for halloween – venetian eddie! yum, biscotti and wine sounds good right about now for a midnight snack! and 25 euros is a good deal, wow!
    but, one question still remains: what was gay clubbing in florence like?

  10. Posted from United States United States
  11. Kayla Says:

    wow those pictures are breathtaking! Glad you’re having a good time!! =)

  12. Posted from United States United States
  13. Drea Says:

    I think this trip you just described is one of my most favorite past-times. Hopping on a bus, train, some sort of transportation and just going, meeting amazing people along the way who have wonderful stories and warm personalities. I’m glad to see you’ve found the beauty of trips like these!

  14. Posted from New Zealand New Zealand

Leave a Reply