BootsnAll Travel Network



Thanksgiving

Yesterday I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time, and I cooked a turkey and stuffing for the first time. It was edible. Among the people at this Thanksgiving in October were 3 Germans, 2 Swedes, 2 Danes, 1 Singaporean, 1 Chinese girl, 1 Kiwi, and another American. I’m upholding the tradition in my family of making Thanksgiving international. It was the first Thanksgiving for all of them except of course the American. They all enjoyed the holiday and most of the food, and after we all finished eating we basically collapsed in the living room area. There was a silence interrupted only by the occassional groan as someone tried to move. In otherwords, it was a success!

Side Note: Camilla and her boyfriend (both Danish) will be visiting DC for almost a week around New Year’s, and they’ll be staying at my house. After that, they go up to New York. I’d love for people to meet them, and for them to meet my American friends and family. SO EXCITED!



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Thanksgiving”

  1. tia jorge says:

    Hi! I have been catching up on your blog! Wow, what an amazing experience you are having. Great to hear your Thanksgiving dinner went well. The boys, Uncle Chris, Patrick and Jeremy all went to the cold, rainy Redskins “test” here in Denver. It was quite a test to watch on TV everyone was slipping and sliding. Redskins 19, Broncos 21. Take care, I will be sending you a card so be looking out for it. I will put it in the mail this Monday.

    Keep having fun!
    Georg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *