BootsnAll Travel Network



Pura Vida: Costa Rica Visuals

While I’m on a picture posting frenzy, I think I’ll include a few of Costa Rica, the country that got me hooked to this whole travel thing. I staid there for a month if I didn’t already tell you, and I studied Spanish and basically just enjoyed myself.


I didn’t take this one.


Yes, that is an iguana on a tin roof.


At our welcome cookout at school of the world.


I’m on the right. These and the following were taken at an inlet just north of Los Suenos resort in the Gulf of Nicoya.


Playa Jaco.


This and the following were taken at Manuel Antonio. The bus ride here from Quepos costs 100 colones (25 cents). From Jaco to Quepos wasn’t more than $5, in fact I think it might have only been $2.


We went swimming in this waterfall after walking barefoot along a muddy trail through a banana plantation and getting bitten by many ants. It was worth it!


My host family’s house. The wife was Tica (Costa Rican), and so was her 14 year old son, Kevin, who spoke English well. Her husband was Belgian, and spoke French but not a whole lot of Spanish. The whole idea that I would get to practice Spanish didn’t quite work out. I ended up doing things like watching The Last Samuri in English with Kevin. But it was still an interesting experience. And my Tica mamma was an AMAZING cook! Good arroz con pollo with fried sweet platanos is still one of my top five favorite dishes.


In Jaco.


Fiji, aka the Enlightened Being.


At the School of the World (where I was taking Spanish classes)


This and the following were taken on the way to, or at Monteverde.


Orchids.


Birds of Paradise.


In a cloud.


Public Schools are all like this.


Yes, that is the Star of David.


At School of the World.



Tags: , ,

One response to “Pura Vida: Costa Rica Visuals”

  1. Edgar says:

    Absolutely Amazing! Stunning! WOW!

    About NZ, I’ve been having some of the same thoughts about when I go to Florence, but u know what, we’re doing the right thing, and whatever happens in our lives because of it are simply experinces from which to learn and grow from. You are off to the adventure of your life, keep it spicey!

    -Edgar

  2. Cass says:

    Just a question- what was School of the World like? email me at cassidy.blackwell@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *