BootsnAll Travel Network



First Day of Classes and an Innapropriate Conversation

HAPPY FOURTH!

First day of classes went well. I met one Kiwi in my Maori studies class, she seems like a cool person. My cognitive psychology professor is either American or Canadian and has the most obnoxiously inflected way of talking. But the rest of my professors, aside from a stand-in professor in cognitive, who’s Dutch, are all Kiwis, and they have the greatest sense of humor and the most interesting accent. I will probably have the easiest time paying attention I have ever had in a lecture, and maybe the easiest time zoning out. The only problem is that my courses involve being in class for 4 or 5 sessions of 1-2 hrs per class, so that is a decent amount of class time, and if it gets in the way of my traveling, I may need to do some switching of courses.

One quick story about an American I met on my first night in the dorm (PG13):

I didn’t know what to do with myself that day, so when I saw that four people were sitting in my RA’s room I decided to go introduce myself instead of succumbing to homesickness as I sat alone in my poorly lit room. They were all Americans, and we had a nice little chat before we all headed off to bed. The next night, I invited myself over again, and a whole bunch more of the Americans from their group came by. One girl who, I know this sounds mean, seems to be lacking in intelligence and is instead overabundant in the promiscuity department, told me, “Did you know that Kiwis aren’t circumsized? I wouldn’t know what to do; I wouldn’t know what one looked like! I mean, have you ever seen one? I’d have to tell him, put that away!”

All I could do was stand there laughing. I had only just met her; she was the type of person I had left the US to get away from; and her main concern after just arriving wasn’t even the state of the kiwi man, it was the state of his penis.



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “First Day of Classes and an Innapropriate Conversation”

  1. bowen says:

    wow what a comment. miss you too, happy fourth, and have a great week. take care, be safe, and enjoy yourself

  2. Danny says:

    Wow…sounds like ur having an interesting time yourself. Hope all is well with class and that things turn out great. I’ll talk to you soon. Oh yea, the first week here I didn’t have a door for my bathroom. Now I have a shared bathroom in the hall which about 30 kids use. It’s bearable though. Keep safe.

  3. Edgar says:

    hahaha, the best entry so far! You have to hand it to Americans, we are an interesting bunch, even in the disturbingly inappropriate sense. Happy 4th (though a bit late), take care!!!!!!!
    -Edgar

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *