BootsnAll Travel Network



The Smile Game

48 hours till I get to see Camilla, my friend who lives in Denmark, the one I met in New Zealand. This makes me so happy!!!

Today I took the S-Bahn back and forth and all around Berlin. As I was heading west, a man and little girl sat down across from me. The little girl was smiling and laughing and her dad couldn´t stop hugging her. They were playing some sort of game. I can only guess what it was as they talked in German. She would point to his cheek, then sneakily kiss it, and he would point to her nose and sneak a kiss on her nose. And as she sat across from me, she would look at me, and when I looked at her cute brown eyes and as she smiled at me, I couldn´t help but burst into a smile myself. Then she´d smile and cover her eyes and look away. And then she´d wait for me to smile at her again. She covered her eyes and turned her head into her dad´s arm. He looked up at what she was hiding from, and we smiled at each other. As they waited for the doors to open at Friedrichstrasse, he knelt down to fix her sock. I couldn´t help smiling to myself for the next hour.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *