BootsnAll Travel Network



A brilliant end to a new beginning

The last week of my life in Japan had to be the best I can remember. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who moves around a lot. In the times I’ve departed in the past there was some sense of longing to stay or not knowing why I was going to the next. This time I don’t have these feelings. I’m going to see “the rest”. The week was hectic and busy, bittersweet and sad, but it was the ultimate ending to my amazing 16 months in Nippon.I’ve always moved around a lot. In the states I change my locale at least every 6 months while rafting. Farewell parties are old hat. And now I’ve turned the well packed car into the perfectly packed backpack. I’ve been packing it again and again, day after day, making my girlfriend sadder with each perfect placement. What will Thailand and China have in store? I hope mostly freedom. It has been 16 months of sedentary teaching, the longest stretch of my adult life. I allowed me to know a foreign place at a deeper level, to learn the language. But now the problem is I want to spend that kind of time everywhere. I want a lifetime everywhere.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *