BootsnAll Travel Network



San Diego – July 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Jenny!  We woke up and took our time getting to San Diego then spent the day with Jessica and her friend Ruth in Rancho Santa Fe.  Definitely impressed with the quaint little town of ranches, farms and amazing houses hidden in busy California right near the beach.  After some surf lessons for the family and some much needed R & R Jessica cooked Jenny a birthday dinner the likes of which we hadn’t seen in awhile.  It was nice being pampered again one last time before setting out for Mexico.  Thanks Ruth and Jessica for the hospitality, generosity and amazing grub!


We spent the next two days in Pacific Beach with our friends Jed, Alyssa and Kevin.  I finally got some surfing in and we took in the whole Southern California everything-at-your-fingertips (for a hefty price) scene.  We must have repacked the car ten times as we kept buying last minute must-have items for the trip.  After a stop by the grocery store for “just a few more things” our entire car was full.  Then Jed surprised us with a huge Army bag of great outdoor gear compliments of the US Navy Seals – no way we could turn that down.  Lets just say we could probably survive in the desert (or perched on the side of a cliff) for the next few months if we had to.

After one final farewell/Jenny Bday dinner we said our last goodbyes to our friends and got ready to leave early the next morning.  Thanks guys for all the help!
  

 



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *