BootsnAll Travel Network



Bucky’s Thailand Pictures

I’ve finally got around to posting up some pictures of my time here in Thailand. I’m sorry there aren’t more – but I’ve hardly picked up my camera at all in the last 2 months – something I hope to change in the next 2…

This is Blythe, Shirley & Amelia – 3 of the girls from my 1st teaching course, at the final party back in early september.

And here is John Rambo at the same event – crooning in that sweet Irish lilt of his

This here is my old school mate Fred and with him another old friend who I’ve since fallen out with – Ronald. Our clownish pal’s hands clasped position is called a “Wai’ and is a sign of respect amongst Thai people. Somebody, somewhere in the lovely Mcdonalds corporation worked out that if Ron did the “Wai” outside restaurants, the company’s profits would increase. Who said cynical capitalism was dead in Asia?

I saw this car in Bangkok a few weeks back. It was being used in a movie that was shooting in the centre of town. I’d like one please.

This bag of crisps caused quite a chuckle. In case any potato lovers were worried that their crisps might be different shapes…rest assured that the manufacturers have gone to extraordinary lengths to ensure that they all look the same.

I spent a lovely weekend in the old capital, Ayyuthaya a while back. This is one of the ancient temples still standing in the historical city. I’ll be in Angkor Wat in Cambodia next week, and with any luck will have quite a few stunning pictures. Providing I remember to re-charge my batteries of course..

And finally we have the magnificent Squiddle Siam english school’s Cat-in-residence. I think I’ve mentioned before that Squiddle has captured my heart like no cat before him. He’ll have forgotten me 30 seconds after I walk out that door. I shall remember him a little longer…

If clicking on these pictures just brings up a black box, wait a second or two. Once you have got bored & pissed off with waiting – get up, put on your coat, & visit a buddy who has a broadband connection. If you have no buddies with broadband connections, go to the park & play football. Its a fun team sport & it’ll keep you fit & healthy



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *