BootsnAll Travel Network



A Weekend Hike

I’m off early tomorrow morning for my weekend hike, my last week of school has gone by very fast and I’ve enjoyed staying with my new family and hanging out with my friends from school. Wednesday night was clubbing night at the only gay bar, dancing to the likes of Queen, Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper and I can’t remember the group that sings Y-M-C-A (is there any gay dance club that doesn’t play that song?). Then it was up to Kokolocos for merenge (sp?) and a different kind of flava. My stomach ache has gone away and I am ready for tomorrow’s hike? I spent this afternoon checking out a local art exhibit, and I thought I’d share some of the pieces for this weekend. There are a few other pictures sprinkled in there as well. Check back Monday for another post, I may or may not stay at the Lake as it looks like hiking El Mirador may be sooner instead of later. Enjoy the weekend!

The art exhibit is from the “Escuela Humberto Gravitar”. A private art school with students of all ages, these pieces are watercolor, acrylics, oils and other medium formats.

IMG_5081.JPG

IMG_5082.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

IMG_5084.JPG

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG

IMG_5092.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

IMG_5095.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

Chinese buffet restaurants are everywhere in the world. This one we found charges you more if you DON’T finish all the food on your plate!

IMG_5098.JPG

This is the religious time of year, and this march from the church featured little boys and little girls carrying the showpieces.

IMG_5100.JPG



Tags:

One response to “A Weekend Hike”

  1. Sarah says:

    The painting are great- very creative! If I was still teaching art I would use these has examples. Hope you feel good for the hike tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *