BootsnAll Travel Network



A hike to the hot springs

A few weeks ago I went on another activity, a short journey to relax in the hot waters of Chikobix. We rode a chicken bus for about 30 minutes and got off at the side of the road, where we started a good 30-35 minute walk through the forest, crossing a foot bridge over a small river. We stayed at Chikobix for about an hour and a half before returning the same way and catching the bus back to town.

IMG_3904.JPG

Foregound: Markus, from Iceland. In the background is the rickety foot bridge we are supposed to cross one at a time, but obviously some people wanted to test this.

IMG_3907.JPG

The gals lead the group ahead.

IMG_3912.JPG

Continuing the hike.

IMG_3914.JPG

Chikobix, me and Mitzy.

IMG_3918.JPG

Unfortunately, the main public pool wasn’t open this day, so a few students including myself opted out of immersing ourselves in the private pools.

IMG_3923.JPG

Hiking back towards the bus stop.

IMG_3939.JPG

Stopping to take photos of Volcan Santa Maria.

IMG_3943.JPG

Another shot of Volcan Santa Maria.

IMG_3944.JPG

Yet another angle.

IMG_3955.JPG

Looking out towards the back of the chicken bus. Chicken buses are basically school buses that are packed with as many people as can fit. You enter and exit either from the front or the back. The little girl belongs to Brad and I forgot the mom’s name, but they also have a smaller little boy. They are doing a test run for 3 weeks in Guatemala, as they are moving to live in Bolivia for 2 years as part of a medical humanitarian volunteer effort.



Tags:

-37 responses to “A hike to the hot springs”

  1. Free Boulevard Of Broken Dreams Ringtone…

    Hear the ringtone of the popular song: Free Boulevard Of Broken Dreams …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *