BootsnAll Travel Network



is this heaven?

I arrived at my hotel this evening – I don’t know where the hell I am, but I’m in Bangkok …. somewhere. I’m a bit concerned that I may have died and gone to heaven. My room is HUGE, with air conditioning (!!), a double bed, a balcony, a bathtub, and …. get ready … not one, but TWO rolls of soft toilet paper!! I think I may never leave.

The flight from Kathmandu on Royal Nepal was outstanding – I enjoyed free cocktails and a wonderful curry meal, attended to every need by beautifully dressed attendants.   ahhh…   It was hot (32 degrees celsius) when we arrived in Bangkok, but it’s cooling down a bit now and am tossing around the idea of strolling the area before it gets too late.  Or maybe it can wait until tomorrow …

I plan to stay in Bangkok a couple days and then venture off to another location for the remainder of my free time before I fly to Shanghai on July 6.



Tags:

One response to “is this heaven?”

  1. IT Lackey says:

    With a week of time you could take the bus or very relaxing $25 overnight sleeper train to Chang Mai. http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp The most beautiful wat in Thailand is there along with the old walled city. Alternately you could take Bangkok Airways http://www.bangkokair.com/ to Ao Nang or Phuket on the Andaman Sea for about $150. Wherever you go have a great time.

  2. Bill says:

    Joel knows what he is talking about.

    Bill

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *