BootsnAll Travel Network



Luxor

Right now I’m in the city of Luxor, further south down on the Nile.

The dorm bed I’m staying in costs a whopping $2.40 a night. It’s officially the cheapest accomodation I’ve stayed in. And it’s surprisingly clean and Hassan is the friendliest hotel owner I’ve met so far- for any one going to Luxor in the future, stay at Hotel Oasis.

On the train over here, I met a 12 year old girl and her little brother who kept feeding me mystery seeds. Nothing bad has happened to me yet, and they were quite delicious.

This morning I bought an International Student Identification Card in order to get half off museum/temple/etc admissions, because I’ve heard using my plain old high school ID won’t cut it here. Since I’m not enrolled in any college and the ID office didn’t seem to care, I am now a student at Harvard University. Dad, aren’t you proud?

Halloween is coming up and I have a feeling that I would get strange looks if I were to walk around Luxor dressed up as a witch. It’s my first major holiday away from home! I’ll have to buy a lot of Egyptian candy to make up for it.

IMG_0220[1] by you. 



Tags: ,

One Response to “Luxor”

  1. Greg Says:

    Harvard? That’s cheeky isn’t it? LOL

    I got mine on Khao San road…and I wish that I had been thinking well enough at the time to say something better than “University of Kentucky. WTF? I should have said MIT….oh well. 🙂

Leave a Reply