BootsnAll Travel Network



Large things sticking out of the desert

First off, let me say that I LOVE Australia! There’s such an amazing vibe in this country, with its ruggedly beautiful neverending landscape, its quirky wildlife, and its genuinely friendly people.

More people ended up coming to the hostel in Cervantes (thank goodness), and after realizing that the next bus out of there was either the 26th (Friday) or the 29th (Monday), I knew I had to skip seeing the Pinnacles during sunset to save my sanity by leaving the desolate town asap, seeing the pinnacles in the daytime instead. So on Friday morning I hitched a ride over to them with a nice Slovenian couple and ended up having a really great time. On the way there, we saw an emu! The pinnacles were just stunning, and we looped around the park in the car, stopping often to take photos and bask in their breathtaking views. Like most of nature’s sites, photos do not do them an ounce of justice, but I’ll post one anyway.

Pinnacles On the drive back, we stopped at several random beaches that were given interesting names (Hangover bay and Kangaroo Point). At Hangover bay, we saw a very interesting lizard, and at Kangaroo Point we saw kangaroos! (Who’d have guessed?)

I arrived yesterday evening in the beachside town of Kalbarri. Like Cervantes, and basically every town in Western Australia, Kalbarri is located in the middle of nowhere. But at least here the middle of nowhere also happens to be a national park full of exciting things to see! Tomorrow I’m going on a bike tour (hope I’m up for it physically).



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply