BootsnAll Travel Network



Beautiful National Parks and Bays

This past week has been crammed full of beautiful nature and exciting adventures! In Kalbarri, I met a rambunctious group of French people. We had a great time eating squid n’ chips and teaching each other card games (apparently, French people do not appreciate a good game of BS.) Kalbarri is located in a gorgeous national park, and my friend Fred and I went out on bikes to explore the coast, seeing giant gorges and natural stone bridges. The coast consisted of red seaside cliffs- standing on the edge of one literally put you on the sheer edge of the continent. You could gaze out on the ocean below and see the dark shapes of coral reefs and humpback whales throw themselves out of the water.

 

From Kalbarri, we went to Denham, a typical small Western Australian town without much to offer besides its prime location next to Shark Bay and Monkey Mia. Monkey Mia has a population of dolphins that has grown so accustomed to humans that you can feed them fish right out of your hand! There was a baby dolphin, too, and it was adorable. I’ll post pictures when I find a computer with a usb drive. Now we’re at Coral Bay, a miniscule seaside “town”. Unfortunately, I have to leave here sooner than I thought (tonight) because the next bus north arrives in Broome on the 10th, and that doesn’t leave me enough time to catch my breath before my plane(s) to Ayer’s Rock. Today I went snorkelling, which made me sorely miss the clear, warm waters of Thailand. The water here was cold, choppy, and had poor visibility, so I didn’t see a lot of fish. Oh well!

Tonight I get to go on an grueling 18-hour bus ride to Broome. I am not looking forward to that!



Tags: ,

One Response to “Beautiful National Parks and Bays”

  1. Greg Says:

    woohoo…18 hour bus rides are so fun!

    Make sure you have an IPOD or sit next to someone with one. 🙂

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply