BootsnAll Travel Network



Broome

Baby wallaby!

The bus ride really was as terrible as I thought it would be. This was all I had to look at for 18 hours:

But the good thing is that I ended up meeting 2 fellow travelers, Ben and Nari, when we all got off at Broome and stood in the dark, looking around for some sort of clue as to where we were, dazed and tired. We were all looking for the hostel Broome’s Last Resort, and spent half an hour trying to do so, managing to get lost in the tiny town. Turns out the bus had dropped us off 3 blocks from the place.

Broome’s Last Resort is aptly named. We hated the place. We ended up moving the next day to the much better Kimberly Klub. Good thing we did- this morning we heard that there was a giant brawl at the Last Resort last night over goodness knows what, with several people getting injured.

Over the last 3 days we’ve gone to the beach, played pool, gone on a bird-watching tour, explored town, and saw local-made films at the outdoor movie theater. Broome’s main beach, Cable beach, is amazing; the waves were big enough to go over your head! I also tried kangaroo meat- I wasn’t expecting much, but I loved it!

A view of the many mangroves covering Broome’s coast.

Cable Beach, the best place in WA to lay under an umbrella all day long!



Tags:

One Response to “Broome”

  1. Preethi Says:

    Can I have the baby wallaby?

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply