BootsnAll Travel Network



The middle of nowhere is rainy

G’day mates! Okay, I haven’t actually heard any Australian say that yet, but I just know they do.

The days really flew by in Perth! It was a blast. I bought a Greyhound bus “explorer” ticket that will allow me to travel all the way up to Broome with stops along the way, so long as I don’t take more than 183 days (which won’t be a problem). I boarded the bus this morning after saying my goodbyes in Oneworld Backpacker’s, and disembarked 4 hours later in Cervantes.

Cervantes is a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. The only reason any traveller goes here is to see the pinnacles (natural rock formations that are supposedly amazing at sunset). Right now it is absolutely miserable. It’s raining so hard you can barely in front of you. This is no weather for pinnacle viewing, so instead of leaving this ghost-town tomorrow, I’m staying an extra night in the hopes that there will be a dry sunset. I am literally the only person in the 8-room hostel. I get a 4-bed dormitory to myself. It’s so quiet it’s scary. It’s a huge change from the bustling circus that is Oneworld. I hope more people come tonight; I don’t want to get lonely!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply