BootsnAll Travel Network



Mediterranean sand in my bathing suit

We´re in Valencia now and it is incredible. I´m digging this place way more than Madrid, and it´s a shame that we are leaving tomorrow. Well, it´s hard to be upset about leaving one place when you are going to another incredible place, so I´m sure I won´t be sad when we arrive in Barcelona tomorrow. Valencia is so metropolitan and artistic, and I love it. While we were walking to our hostel yesterday from the train station we passed a huge bull fighting arena that looked like it was hundreds of years old, then right down the street are amazingly modern buildings that look more like huge works of art than functional structures. Amazing.

We had a nice surprise last night when we got in. It turned out that there was a free concert being offered with Garbage performing. I´m not big on the band, but I know some of their songs and I was looking forward to it. Our group got separated for a while when we had to split up into two taxis, but we finally found each other near the end of the concert and had a great time. And all for free! My favorite price!

Today was one of the best ever. We found a bike rental place and rented bikes for the day so we could cycle to the beach. The lady who rented them to us said it would take about 40 minutes to get to the beach, but it took so much longer. It was all right though, because we took the scenic route through the most gorgeous park I´ve ever seen (even better than the one in Madrid where we slept on benches for the afternoon when we had to wait for the afternoon train). There were groves of tall, manicured orange trees and palm trees everywhere, and I felt like I was back at home almost. When we got to the beach it was so nice. I didn´t have extremely high expectations, having grown up on sugar sand Florida beaches, but when I got there it was a pleasant surprise. The sand was dark, but really soft and the water was the perfect temperature. It wasn´t quite as clear as the Gulf of Mexico, but more so than the Atlantic. We swam and laid out for hours. Amazingly, I was the only one of the group who didn´t get sunburned! For those of you who know me, you will appreciate my surprise. Poor Esty got a 3rd degree nearly, but we´re taking care of her.

Now for a random question for those of you who may have been to Spain before…what is the obsession with Fanta? It´s everywhere, and I´d really like to know.

Tomorrow afternoon we´re off to Barcelona, and my family is off to the Caribbean! Have fun guys, and take lots of photos!!! Don´t forget…if the boat sinks, I´m the sole heir!

 

Valencia wheels
 



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *