BootsnAll Travel Network



Un Buen Tiempo en Madrid

If you all have weather half as nice as the weather here in Madrid, consider yourself lucky. The sun is shining, it got up to only about 76 today, and it is breezy and gorgeous. Flowers are everywhere, the trees and grass are green and lush….it´s amazing!

We made it to Madrid yesterday morning and spent the day walking around and seeing the sights. We mostly did historical type stuff and then went back to the hostel and zonked out. We realized that we are staying in the gay barrio of Chueca, but we think it adds to the character of the place. We tried playing a game of spot the transvestites when we were walking back from our dinner of raciones, but we lost count and had to give it up. Maybe we´ll do better tonight when we go out.

Today we spent most of the morning walking around the gigantic park on the East side of the city center. I don´t know what the name is because I´ve given my guidebooking role to Kelly at least for this city. I must say, she has done a fabulous job! We haven´t been lost once and she has spouted interesting information about various buildings and fountains as we´ve walked along. Kudos Kelly!

Tomorrow we´re off to Valencia on the coast to spend a few days on the beach. The weather is supposed to hold out for us and I know we are going to be soaking it up. We´ll be up super early to catch the train, but that´s not going to stop us from making the most of our night tonight. There are flyers all around our hostel for a crawl starting in the Plaza de Sol. It´s gonna be greeaaat!

 

Madrid
 



Tags: ,

-32 responses to “Un Buen Tiempo en Madrid”

  1. Kate says:

    Sounds like you guys are having fun. This website was a great idea, you are a great writer. Send me a post card.
    Love ya both,
    Kate

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *