BootsnAll Travel Network



March 8th – 10th Bali


DSC01331

Originally uploaded by roupiesontour

It is nice to change scenery and it feels like a bit of an adventure again. Bali is beautiful – lush green scenery and small temples everywhere with the detailing you would expect. We are staying in Legian near Kuta for a few days and it is completely chaotic. The roads are packed with mopeds and cars and the shops and hotels are in a maze of streets with buildings that are not tall but just feel on top of one another. There are also tourists galore. We are staying in Adi Dharma cottages – a tranquil setting as soon as you enter the grounds there is a pool with waterfalls and beautifully landscaped grounds. The staff are so friendly and smiley and want to know all about you – it’s lovely.

Kuta is a short free shuttle ride away. There are all the main shops here – including M&S and Boots! We ate at The Hard Rock Café and noticed they had a hotel. You can use the pool during the day for a small fee so we decided to be a bit rock n roll (in small letters) the next day and use it. It was an amazing complex – the pool is a huge circular mass with different areas including a sandy bit with volleyball net, water fountains and Jacuzzi areas and slides. The kids had a great time. We also hired a cabana on the side, complete with beds and chairs and a ladder on the front that went straight into the pool. It wasn’t at all busy and the kids were so impressed that the speakers played music underwater. We finished the day watching the sunset across the road on the beach – an amazing array of golds, pinks and reds.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *