BootsnAll Travel Network



March 20th – The Longest Journey


IMG_0154

Originally uploaded by roupiesontour

What should have been quite an easy journey turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. On the way to Bali airport I realised I still had the safety deposit box key in my purse and all our documents were still stored in the safe at the hotel. This is the second time I have done this so shows that dementia is setting in. The cheap flight we got to Singapore was fine. We would stay there all night and half the following day before our flight on to Bangkok. I had read on-line about how fabulous the transit facilities are at Singapore, free internet, PS2, movies and city trip. It all sounded great. Slight problem – we had to come out of the transit area to get our bags from the flight and once these were collected were not allowed back in to the transit centre until we had our boarding passes for the next flight. The check in did not open until 6am and we arrived at 1am. We spent the night in a nest of seats at a pub – along with lots of others who were having the same issue. The kids slept fine – I could not.

5.30 came and the nice lady at check in for Cathay Pacific said we could go ahead and check in – great at last through to the comfy chairs! Got to the check in desk to find we had been bumped off the flight onto a waiting list – what! Our flights had been confirmed back in Australia and to cut a long story short Qantas had no idea what had gone on but endorsed our tickets over to another airline. We got through to the transit area finally at 10. We missed the city tour by 10 minutes, the free cinema was being renovated and all the internet desks were free but you had to stand up and log on every 15 mins. The kids loved it and had fun with the PS2 and MTV chairs that had speakers in them so we managed to waste the time until our flight at 3 quite well.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *