BootsnAll Travel Network



Leaving On A Jet Plane……………

I am already behind with all this blog thing so I will try to catch up all at once. I am posing a bit and typing this up on the plane – If I make the writing any smaller the people peering over to read it will fall out of their seats. 

This past week has flashed by in a blur – I can’t believe I am sitting here on a plane already having left my beloved country – I didn’t even kiss the tarmac. I didn’t have time to get excited at all, there was so much to do, I only finished my tax return at 9pm last night. 

I wanted to say a huge thank you to those of you who accompanied me out on a fair few farewell do’s. I had a great time at each one and here are some photos just to remind you…………       

Night OUt 4    Night Out 3   Night Out 1  

I still have the words to New York New York on my mind and to the girls I have seen some dancing on the telly and have worked out what you are supposed to do with your hands now! 

I have been dreading my last day at work for ages. The day dawned and the morning passed as usual ( well as normal as can be expected when you desk is covered in glittery purple bits!). 

It was in the afternoon that I turned round to find a crowd gathered behind me and Clemens prepared with speech. I can honestly say I was completely overwhelmed with all the kind wishes, gifts and the best gift the promise of the strippergrams…….oops no I meant the memory book. The book was the one thing that got me going and I made my way through the box of tissues. Thank you so much to everyone who filled in the book and to Diane who bullied you all in to writing nice things. I hate to think what she threatened if you had just written the truth 😉 

My last days have been filled with packing up and cleaning the house, ferrying the kids to Mum & Dad’s and trying to remember I need to pack my rucksack. I feel glad to be leaving the house because of what it represented and let’s face it – it was the opposite of the Tardis – it looked larger on the outside and shrank when you walked inside. 

Sunday I managed to chill for a few hours watching Diane’s son play football. We missed him scoring a goal as the need for ice cream was just too strong. The weather was great and I really enjoyed it. The downside was all the goodbyes I have had to say but it is not forever……….. 

Dad took us to the airport in his Jag in style. The airport was not busy but we shared the check in q with a 50 strong rugby team so it could have been worse. They are actually on this flight as they are on a 9/11 memorial tour in the states – very quiet though. 

I finally got excited at the airport – I can’t wait to show New York to the kids – I hope they get the same vibe that I did. I’m only worried about the bit after………. 



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *