BootsnAll Travel Network



January 30th – Port Stephens


My First Roo

Originally uploaded by roupiesontour

The heat last night was unnerving – it took ages to get to sleep. Even gazing at the stars could not settle me. We are all a bit short with each other before breakfast and even I put my foot down at Josh’s choice of clothing. His unique sense of style and colour continues to challenge modern thinking on fashion and was just a wee bit avant garde for me and O today. Diagonal stripes and Hawaiian print was replaced with a quieter Hong Kong Phooey.

The kids could not stand another wine tour – as much as I tried to persuade them so it was a nice drive through the vineyards which do stretch in the hills as far as the eye can see and a trip to the cheese shop where we learned how they make it with lots of yummy tasting. The kids were disgusted at all the mouldiness in the cheese making rooms but it did not put them off tasting. The Irish cheddar made for the local pub and covered in green wax was particularly delicious but a bit out of our price range unfortunately.

The cheese had us all thinking about cheddar so the first supermarket we saw we stopped to buy a cheaper alternative – no way near as nice but halfway there. The shopping centre also had a Target producing a very excited response from O and I as we had not been in one since the USA. You have to understand that being on the road with the same clothes and 2 pairs of shoes does become a bit much for us girls. As soon as we hit the shoe section I must have tried on at least 6 pairs of heels and wandered around just to remember what they felt like. Oh how I miss straighteners, heels and dressing up to go out – it will be a highlight when we get back.

Now I have actually caught up with my diary it is off to the harbour to catch the sunset and listen to the birds – the kids are trampolining so it will be another peaceful evening!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *