BootsnAll Travel Network



Days 94-97: Taman Negara Critters

Spent a few days hiking around the Taman Negara National Park. There are rumored to be over 800,000 species of insect in the park, but most of them were hiding. Here are a few we caught.

This wooly caterpillar reminded Marcus of a Wookie.
horned_wooly.jpg

Cool orange and metalic-blue wasp.
orange_blue_wasp.jpg

There were armies of huge ants all over the place. You could actually hear them marching or munching on the ground cover.
tn_ants.jpg

Neat looking beige beetle.
tn_beige_beatle.jpg

Gorgeous blue butterfly hanging around the banister of our room.
tn_blue_butter.jpg

Copper and black beetle.
tn_copper1.jpg

Long, narrow green and black snake.
tn_green_snake.jpg

The park people said it wasn’t leech season, but we had more than a few take a stab at our shoes. This one is on Kel’s sock (photo taken after the sock is off her foot).
tn_leech.jpg

What is this anyway? It was small like a ladybug.
tn_yellow.jpg

One badass caterpillar.
tn_badass_cat.jpg



Tags:

3 Responses to “Days 94-97: Taman Negara Critters”

  1. Kel's Bro-Michael Says:

    You guys sure seem to like your creepy crawlies! I just had a “Stand By Me” flash back!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. K&M Says:

    Thankfully the leeches didn’t get us. We’re going to try to buy leech socks tomorrow.

    Kelly had the Stand By Me theme song running through her head the whole walk back.

    Marcus thinks he has a future career as a critter photographer.

  4. Posted from Malaysia Malaysia
  5. Mom Says:

    Good idea about the critter book! What happened to the leech (Kel’s favorite if I recall) socks that you had before? Good luck finding them – the socks, the leeches have already found you!

    xoxoxo

  6. Posted from United States United States