BootsnAll Travel Network



Twinkling star date 26/3/16 Last post

Now just about to go to the airport from Hong Kong – the last stop on my trip. Had a fairly easy day but still lots of walking! I decided to go on the Star Ferry to Kowloon. I seemed like I’d been doing it for weeks as I walked to Fortress Hill metro station, put my Octopus card on the barrier and got on the train to Central. Very crowded like the tube in London. I got off and put of station and walked on the ground and over the road to the ferry terminal. I got on the ferry, the ‘Twinkling Star’ for 10 minutes to the other side in Kowloon. The views across the Victoria Harbour back to Hong Kong island were great. The sun was shining and this made it even more spectacular. I set off from the Canton Railway clock tower, disguised as it was in green netting while cleaning/ repairs were being carried out. A walkway above another walkway alongside the sea made it a very pleasant walk. Opposite across a public garden was the amazing art and culture building. Could I find any cafe to get a cup of tea? No! I have realised that unless you are ‘downtown’ cafes and bars are just not there. There was a Subway and a Starbucks takeaway place but nowhere to sit down! I decided to go back and go to the Hungry Elephant near my hotel for lunch and tea. I’ve never had so little alcohol for ages! Had a walk around the night markets locally and came back yo hotel to get ready for the airport. I am very tired and sorry I have not been at my best to appreciate this amazing city! End of another journey. What’s next?!



Tags:

Leave a Reply