BootsnAll Travel Network



Mon 22/2 Day 1 Hello New Zealand!

First shock was the temperature! 23! Just right. I found a taxi from airport $55! – much more expensive than Singapore when it was $20. Apparently taxis are expensive here – still only £26 so not too bad. I got up at 3.30 and Julee got up at 4. We left for Brisbane allowing an hour and half to get there. Ok until near Brisbane then traffic at standstill. We still got there for 6.40. Plane was 8.05. No panic! I added an extra 3 hours to my watch as we landed at 14.40. Although it was only 11.40 I was shattered. I am now ensconced in the Bealey Avenue Motel. I have a small apartment with kitchenette/lounge area with 2 leather sofas/bathroom with spa bath and bedroom. Sounds posh doesn’t it? It would be if modern but reminds me of something like the motels you see in movies with people on the run from the law or Thelma and Louise who we excuse of course! It will do me fine. I laid on bed trying to decipher the city map but was too tired. I fell asleep about 3.30 and woke up at 6.45! Had a shower and went down the road to the Alehouse for a vegetarian lasagne and Corona beer. Now 10.15 and calling it a day. Hard work this travelling. Oh yes that’s different too – went dark at 6.30 latest on Sunshine Coast was nearer 8pm here. Hello New Zealand!



Tags:

Leave a Reply