BootsnAll Travel Network



Kanchanaburi- our vacation from Bangkok

We had a couple days to kill before our day with jib and Joe and before Tasia and Angie fly in so we headed to kanchanaburi, mostly famous for the bridge over the river Kwai. We settled in to our guesthouse which was really cool because they are little huts over the water! We went to the monkey school right away, only to find out it was kind of sad because the monkeys are all in fairly small cages or tied up around their necks on fairly short leashes! The best part though was that we got to hold two little baby monkeys- they’re adorable! On the way home it POURED on us as we were in a mototaxi, but it only rained on one side of the river. So we headed back to our dry side, changed and headed to the night market to get dinner. We spent the rest of the night playing cards, stumbling upon a local band we loved but didn’t understand a word of, and making friends with some older British men playing the guitar. It was very fun!
The next day we wandered down to the bridge, it’s pretty much your standard bridge. We shopped at the markets, wandered across the bridge and found a boat to take us to a cave. The boat was really cool and was like a super long motor boat. The great part was a little relief and breeze during the midday heat. We weren’t even sure what cave we were going to but it turns out it just has some stuff for Buddha set up inside. The funniest part is that this was the cave that I had said the day before we definitely didn’t care to go to! But we really enjoyed the boat ride so that’s what matters. At that point we were really warm and ready for a swim so we walked into the next hotel down with a swimming pool and went for a swim. This seems to mine and chelsy’s thing…. We’ve borrowed swimming pools in Hawaii, Kenya and now Thailand! Haha! After dinner at the night market we decided we should try out a Thai massage. Now this is not your normal massage, which we didn’t actually know, but for $5 for an hour who cares?? This massage is meant to stretch you out more, or is more like a chiropractic visit. At one point Chelsy had a lady actually walking on her and I felt like I was doing acrobats as my lady was bending me and pressing me until my bones cracked! It was definitely an experience!

This morning we got up and headed for the erawan waterfalls. These are seven tiered waterfalls and they were packed! Everyone goes swimming in them and just hang out! We hiked up most the way and then went back to the third tier to swim in the fairly large waterfall. There are all kinds of people around and a great place for pickpockets since everyone is swimming. At one point while I was in by the waterfall I looked back towards Chelsy and saw a hand trying to dig in our bags behind her….. Luckily I just yelled to her and they stopped cause they knew they were about to be caught! Tricky little guys, thank god our stuff isn’t so easy to get into! The cool part about these waterfalls is they have the fish that eat your skin and give you a manicure. Man that is a weird feeling!! If you let them they will cover your while foot! I couldn’t do it, they tickled me too much! It is just such a strange feeling having these fish suck on you, or almost like they have mini teeth that don’t hurt! I’m just glad I didn’t pay the $10 to have them do that to me!!

Now were back in Bangkok and have a tour day planned with jib and Joe tomorrow and then Tasia and Angie are flying in and meeting us and were headed to the southern beaches!!!!

Quotes:
Chelsy: it’s funny they’re sitting at an irish bar, that’s like us going to mcdonalds (talking about the Irish boys at an Irish bar)

Chelsy: you should have videoed that with your moms camera!!  

Chelsy: I’m never getting pregnant because I hate waiting and 9 months is definitely too long to wait and find out what your baby looks like and wether you want to keep it!!

Chelsy: this is kinda like a vacation from our vacation, it’s like we just took a little two day vacation from Bangkok

This morning we got up early and headed to the erawan waterfalls



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *