BootsnAll Travel Network



Thailand!

Well Chelsy and I made it through the night at our horrible hong kong hostel……. Barely! The bathroom smelled so bad that neither of us brushed our teeth and we waited for the airport to go to the bathroom, so it’s a good thing we headed there straight away in the morning. Next thing you knew we were landing in Bangkok, Thailand!

The weather is so nice and tropical, even hot!! We made our way to our hostel, which is really nice but very far from public transport, and no taxi would take us there so we had a nice sweaty 20 minute walk to the hostel. We had our first shower in a couple days, due to our disgusting bathroom, and then left to go meet chelsy’s Thai friend jib and her boyfriend Joe. They were both soo nice. Jib was a foreign exchange student at chelsy’s high school and Joe studied in the uk so they both speak really good English. Jib has a car, which is kind of a crazy idea to me since traffic is so bad in Bangkok, but they took is to dinner and drove us around the historical part of the
city. Dinner was so good!!! Jib and Joe ordered all kind of Thai specialties and we got to try them all and they are so tasty!! After dinner we went to the palace and drove through the town checking things out! They were both so nice and we had a great time getting a brief glimpse of the city! On Sunday they are both going to spend the day with us and take us around to all the sights!

Yesterday we needed to get sone stuff organized so we set out looking for some embassies. It turns out the Russian embassy is closed on wednesdays though- just our luck. so we ended up wandering around the city, trying different street food, looking at different little markets springing up and just checking things out. We then decided it was time to find the main tourist road and have a seat for awhile so we found an Irish bar on khao sun road (the main tourist road) and had our first full strength beer since NYC! We ended up sitting and chatting with our neighbors and had a great time. When it was finally time to get up we decided we definitely needed some food, and the great part is there is pad Thai and sober kebabs all over the street, none of it costing much more than $2 usd! After we had our dinner and walked down the street a bit we needed to head home for showers and getting some rest. It was a good day, though we didn’t really see much, it was still really cool to just see all the different street food! Today were headed off to kanachaburi, which has been made famous by the bridge over the river Kwai. Hopefully were headed to see some elephants there and swim in some waterfalls!



Tags:

2 responses to “Thailand!”

  1. Summers dad says:

    Hi Summer; The first movie my dad ever took me to was the bridge over the river kwai. I can still whistle the tune. I would like to see that myself. I am glad to hear your moving along, and still having a ball. Phu bai here you come , or is it phu ket , or is it …??? anyway , love you lots. take pictures. dad p.s. sis has new ph.# P.s.s. Hi Chelsea!!

  2. Summer says:

    Hey dad!! You can come! You would love it! It’s soooo cheap!!! It’s Phuket…. And were headed there in just unde two weeks! Chelsy says hi back and she wishes you were here to karaoke with here! Karaoke’s everywhere!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *