BootsnAll Travel Network



The Yukon Eh!!

Bye bye CanadaAfter my positive Alaska experience Canada’s Yukon rates right down in the basement with OZ, an expensive disappointment!

Strange how a line drawn on a map through the same type of country can have such an effect on people who one would think sharing the same environment should think & act similarly but NO way Jose, ‘tis Not the case. On the Canadian side they act similar to another ex-Brit colony half a world away. Grumpy, lazy, bigoted & do everything to the lowest common denominator!!

Too much bureaucracy with way too many slurping at the trough & no one doing any productive work!

Dawson City is a tourist trap basically run by Parks Canada. A real simple serpent town which wouldn’t exist without a steady stream of fancy motor homes from the south filled with people who are easily parted from their money + a whole herd of Holland America/Princess sheeple tourists.

Took 1/2 hr to get a cab at the Whitehorse airport DUH!! Expensive tourist boat trip with NO public transportation to the dock!

BEWARE: Whitehorse’s “Marlin Travel” the Rip-off King of the Klondike, who wanted to charge $100.00 to book my ferry from Skagway to Bellingham!!

Makes one really proud to be Canadian Eh! NOT!!!

Can’t wait to get out of this territory which there really is NO reason to visit once you have been to Alaska!!

Have my bus/train ticket out of here for the morning on the White Pass & Yukon Railway (based out of Skagway so didn’t get ripped off), on line, can only get on the ferry as far as Juneau without waiting another 5 days, so will play it by ear when I reach Skagway. Worst case scenario will be ferry to Juneau then Air Alaska to Portland.



Tags:

Comments are closed.