BootsnAll Travel Network



Splendid!!

That’s the best word I can find to describe Roswell NM. It doesn’t feel like a city, more like a friendly small town. The wide streets combined with low buildings, gives it an open & free feel, the auction barn just a couple blocks off the main Street is a business you would never find in an eastern city.

The free zoo & park where one can spend a couple leisurely afternoon hours, after an all morning visit to the UFO Museum & lunch at a neighboring Mexican restaurant, give the city a low key family feeling.

Even the 200 odd mile trip down from the mother road is interesting, what with passing through Clovis then Portales, which must have more Holstein dairy cows than found in the whole of the Eastern Townships of Quebec, & all the related industry.

Sure a sight I won’t soon forget, “the bigger is better” fallacy when applied to agriculture (especially on that scale) is a recipe for disaster, sooner or later!!

Am certain there will be more interesting sights on the return, think that 285 hitting the mother road between Cline’s Corners & Wagon Wheel will be the best route as 66 pretty much follows I-40 from Santa Rosa to there anyway.

That should make for a leisurely Sunday drive to the outskirts of Albuquerque so I can hit the one & only branch of Citi Bank between Illinois & here to wire the funds for my casa in El Salvador. Here’s hoping that it goes better than the last Canadian fiasco!!



Tags:

2 responses to “Splendid!!”

  1. pinamimi1 says:

    ROSWELL!!! so cool….you’re not alone…lol
    so any news on CITI Bank? bunch of crooks…
    still haven’t put my finger on the Stephen King book but i read it!! i’m so not getting old gracefully!!

  2. Dave says:

    Roswell, really cool!!

    Citi Bank in Albuquerque is not a branch, merely a call center, try an associate bank in Flagstaff today, otherwise have to wait to California. They have a branch in Antigua Guatemala but not the US west, go figure!!!

    Must have read the Stephen King book in another dimension LOL