BootsnAll Travel Network



OZ

Finally in “The Land Down Under”, Perth is OK but cold & expensive compared to SE Asia. Doing a tour of the local area down the river to Freemantle tomorrow, booked on the India Pacific to Adelaide Wed then the Gahn to Alice Springs Sun.

Australia is nice to see but SE Asia has spoiled me & miss it already, Oh well 5 months & I will be back.

Posting a few pics of OZ.

Took a boat cruise down the Swan River to Fremantle today which was pretty cool, both in sights & weather. There is no shortage of money in this area, judging by the amount of expensive yachts on the river & the million dollar+ homes. Of course the indigenous people you see in the downtown area show an entirely different side  of the story.

A bit of trivia I learned, Fremantle Harbor &  Singapore are only 3 1/2 days away by ship.

Off across the western desert  to Adelaide tomorrow.



Tags:

6 responses to “OZ”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    me thinks you miss your Bali chica…lol

  2. topturner says:

    Hi Dave,
    Welcome to the land of Aus. Do me a favour and pop into the nearest ‘Oporto Chicken’ fast foodie, and remind me me how good they are, cos i’m gagging for one of those lip-smacking chickies, whereas i’ll have to wait at least another couple of years in all probs to get my hands on one.
    P.S. I think Australia is fab, hope it grows on ya.

  3. Dave says:

    Pina you could be right mais c’est la vie.

    TT never noticed one of those chicken joints in Western Australia only KFC but will keep an eye out for one & check it out.

    OZ is OK but way toooo expensive $11.50 for bacon & eggs this morning, $5.50 for a small beer on the train & hardly any difference between the Aus & Cad $. Ate good in Thailand for $3.00/day.

    SE Asia is the only place for the busman. One more tour of the US, Canada & the UK (get my Thai visa in Hull) then going native in Thailand &/or Indonesia.

  4. Radek says:

    Perth, one of my all time favourite cities. I wish I could live there!

  5. Dave says:

    Perth is nice, if only they didn’t roll up the sidewalks at 6:00 pm.

  6. 27. Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is fantastic, as well as the content!