BootsnAll Travel Network



B & B Becoming Reality

Skimmer & tubing al installed for the pool filter, should be taking a dip before the week’s out.

Actually everything should be pretty well wrapped up by the weekend.

Due to some restrictions on advertising here on Word Press, I decided to start a new blog for the Las Brisas B & B on blogger.

Shall continue this blog for my travels & personal trivia, while using the new one for the B & B + El Salvador news. 

http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com

The site is a work-in-progress by a ‘puter illiterate dude so Y’all just have to bear with me—or not!



Tags:

2 responses to “B & B Becoming Reality”

  1. OntarioTraveller says:

    Dave,
    You have had an interesting journey. I would be interested in a quick summary why CA may not be as good as you originally thought and why Asia is so much better. I’m your age and wonder what the next 10 years bring, considering comfort, health and care. Your B&B looks inviting.

  2. Dave says:

    Perhaps I didn’t explain myself completely re CA vs SE Asia.

    My original plan was to return to SE Asia for teaching experience last fall however the necessity of looking after mother interrupted that plan & it just feels as I have unfinished business there + friends I made during my course who are still in Thailand & other X-pats I met to visit.

    Of course I still need teaching experience & Cambodia seems to have the most need for teachers so is the best place to go for an older inexperienced person with no degree to get a job.

    Actually CA is as good as I thought for living + has the advantage of a gringo being able to buy property & easily gain permanent residency also the culture is similar, language easily learned.

    That said I have a need to experience some more of SE Asia where the culture is entirely different as is the alphabet & the language hard to learn & a farang can not own property (can marry & put it in the wife’s name same as Cuba).

    So for me with no ties, a TEFL certificate, a need to earn a bit of money until my social security starts + a plane ticket YYZ-BKK costing in the $600-700 range it’s a no brainier. Of course I could return to Canada & work for one of my old competitors in the bus business but I absolutely refuse to do that.

    My advise to more cautious people would be to explore CA which would be more in the comfort zone of a Canadian & health care is cheap, health insurance available at reasonable prices or do the 6 mo in paradise 6 mo in Canada thing.

    However if an extended trip to SE Asia is in the budget, I highly recommend it as you will gain an entirely different perspective on life.

    Clear as mud EH!