BootsnAll Travel Network



Mobile phone lines CUT!

Well, there is a lot less people out and about today, this being the eve of a huge demonstration rally. There has been curfews since the attacks on Kathmandu’s police stations (on the perimeter of the city), first it was 11 pm- 4 am, and then conflicting reports from the morning newspaper to the radio broadcast announced 10 pm. For the past two days, it was switched to 9 pm. So that means if you are out past curfew, you are shot on sight! How nice!

Today, all the mobile phone lines have been cut, to ensure that Maoist activities cannot infiltrate further than it already has. AND….this way the monarchy government (is that an oxymoron?) can stop the 7 political parties from protesting the upcoming monarchist elections. No, silly, not to VOTE a new king in, but the King has decided to hold elections, which is a undemocratic in these here parts.

What does this mean for me? Nothing, since I lost my cell phone the other day, in a taxi!

It’s strangely quiet, not a lot of cars honking outside of my house and not a lot of people milling around.

We’ll see how it goes tomorrow, …..til then…..



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *