BootsnAll Travel Network



Indigo Evolution!

Well, it was an exhausting start to a hectic week. We started classes on Sunday, and also had a fundraiser we organized in the evening. We premiered the new documentary The Indigo Evolution.

The second day we had more people come, about half (12 people) were people I didn’t know. Friends brought friends and others read about it in the events listing in the Himalayan Times.

I had it in both the Kathmandu Post and the Himalayan Times, but the Kathmandu Post did not read my e-mail thoroughly, because I said to list it everyday. And they only listed it for Friday. And it was peculiar that neither one printed the donation amount we asked for, which was Rs.500 or around $7 USD. With the declining dollar value, I think it might be less than $7 USD.

For those that don’t know what I’m talking about, the documentary is part of a worldwide screening in 400 locations, it’s marketed through the producers web-site, so many organizations, such as Himalayan Healers, sponsored the film. People responded positively to the documentary, it attracted those that are interested in intuitive expansion and human evolution.

I felt really proud to be able to show the film and bring people together. It felt really good to do that and be able to get the message out there.

We raised a total of Rs.9400, or about $130 USD, with some more on the way. A friend and colleague was supposed to come Tuesday night, with two other people so she will give us the donation amount and she was also interested in seeing the film. My Uncle Bijaya didn’t make it to either of the showings, but he said he wanted to see it, and he would give pay the school as well.

Part of the deal with The Spiritual Cinema Circle is that we have to give half of whatever we make. The minimum is $250, and they were asking people to charge $10 USD, but when I spoke with one of the organizers, I told him that it was way too much to ask for in Nepal.

And asking for Rs.500 was way too much as well, because only foreigners turned up. The only Nepali that came that wasn’t a family member. I think he came with a foreigner.

Rob and I met some really cool people the first night, as well as the second night. The first night, people had more questions, they were mostly healers that showed up. The second night, there was no interaction at the end of the documentary.

I like organizing events, and I look forward to having more of these in the future. We are so lucky to have met everyone and lucky that the owner of the Lazimpat Gallery Cafe, Alan, was kind enough to let us use his space to show the film, twice in a row.

I’d like to show it again, but I only got one other interested person who wants to know more about it. He wrote to us in Spanish, so between me and Rob, we should be able to answer him. I was thinking to show it at Wild Earth for Caroll, and invite that Spanish guy who e-mailed us. We shall see.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *