BootsnAll Travel Network



Indigo Evolution, Part Deux

sighhhhhh I spent the latter part of the afternoon making flyers and posting them in key places around Kathmandu.

I made 50 black and white copies of the poster that has our information on it, the Spiritual Cinema Circle’s web site has everything really organized to help you promote the film, such as downloadable poster templates (8 1/2 x 11).

The copy/internet center had a laser printer that made okay color prints and okaaayah b & w prints. Where’s a Kinko’s when you need one? Actually, color photocopies are a buck anyway, so it’s about the same. At least you can use different color paper there. So, yeah, where’s a Kinko’s when ya need it?

I made one in color, since it cost Rs. 100 ($1.25 USD), I’m trying to keep my costs low so that we can use the donations for the community clinic. Though the color poster really pops out and yet, the money pops out of my pocket even faster, ke garne?

So I put one up at the larger department stores, like Bluebird in Tripureswor and in Lazimpat. Then I went to Lazimpat, and put one each in Ringmo’s, Lazimpat Gallery Cafe (of course), DUH! Department Store (small grocery and other goods store, yeah, that’s right, it’s actually named that. Obviously the owner likes American slang) and all around Thamel. My snack for the late afternoon was tape, as I was using cellophane tape to hang the flyers up on poles and what not, and I had to use my teeth to cut the tape.

I talked to Alan, the owner of the Lazimpat Gallery Cafe, and he was asking me questions about the documentary and what not. He sounded suspicious of the name, The Beloved Community. I assured him it wasn’t some strange cult or extreme faith-based group. I told him how it was spiritual and the things the founder James Tyman has done. I told him that I’m spiritual and not into dogma, plus I also do healing work, which got us on the topic of Reiki. He’s very skeptical and curious. His colleague was in the cafe as well, and she espoused the benefits of her Reiki treatments.

He wanted me to show him what it is, right then and there. So I said, “okay, can you sit for 10 mintues? ” And gave an emphatic NO.

But he was really curious to give it a try and wanted to know how much I charged. Since he is not charing us to use his cafe or his projector I told him and since he never had a treatment, I told him I’d do it for free.

So tomorrow, I’m giving him a free introductory 30 minute treatment. It’s only 30 minutes because he can’t sit still for that long of a time. He’s a very busy guy, it’s been hard to catch him when I go to his cafe to see when I can test the DVD. Rob goes there often because it’s just down the street from his hotel, so he is quite chummy with him.

It’s a nice place to hang-out, he regularly shows films there and has art openings, hence the name art cafe ;).

I have to go to Naxal area to put a couple more up, at Bhatbetini (the other popular grocery/department store).

And I still have to get it listed in the English daily newspapers, The Kathmandu Post and The Himalayan Times. Oh yeah, and the weekly, The Nepali Times.

AND, I have to call my friends and associates that I e-mailed invites to, and since the mobile phones were shut down due to the threatening political rallies to encourage people not to legitimize the monarchy’s upcoming election (try saying that 3x fast!). I have to get a hold of people when they are home or at work.

All of that doesn’t matter to me, since I lost my F*&#@!!N phone last week in a F%#@%$!!!G taxi.
Nice one, eh? Yeah that’s what I thought.

Oh well.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *