BootsnAll Travel Network



Soccer, Tennis, Cycling, Poker, Soccer, Tenn…

gondolaoverlook.jpg
Mt Cavendish Overlook

We went up the gondola, located south east of Christchurch, with Doreen today and had lunch at the top. Unfortunately we didn’t see any snow, but it was a fairly clear day and I was told the view was pretty good for winter. At the top you see the city from one side, the ocean next to the right, then the hardor farther around, and then you look over the Bridle Path before returning back to where you started. The Bridle Path is a hiking trail that was once used by settlers to get from the harbor over the Port Hills to Christchurch (or at least to the plain that would become Christchurch, don’t know the timeline too well). The mountains toward the center of the country are still covered with beautiful white snow and Al and I drove out of town to have a good look yesterday. I don’t bring my camera as it was a spur of the moment trip, but I’ll try to get some photos before it all melts.

gondolaharbor.jpg gondolapool.jpg

Tonight our friend from Ireland is coming through Christchurch for the last time before she heads back home, so we’ll probably be out on the town looking for some pubs to drink Guinness in in honor of Ciara’s farewell. I’m sad to see her go, but I’m also very happy that I now know someone who lives in Dublin.

Al and I start classes on the 10th of July and our enrollment is coming along fine as far as I can tell. I’m really not sure how everything works around here, so I’m just assuming my classes, all the official acceptances, and the student loans will all just work themselves out in the next 10 days or so. Hopefully I will be able to plead ignorance if anything goes wrong, but I don’t expect that to happen.

In the meantime, we’ve been watching tennis and soccer, and soon we’ll add cycling to the mix. Can’t wait to see the next big star of le tour and it seems that the bandwagon has picked up Basso, but I’ll faithfull cheer on Discovery (and most likely Salvordelli?) as well. Weatherwise, its still cold but hopefully an early spring is around the corner. Early winter early spring? I can’t wait, I’ve been waiting over a year for that season. Until then, I’ll have to rely on Saura to keep me warm!

gondolasleep.jpg



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Soccer, Tennis, Cycling, Poker, Soccer, Tenn…”

  1. All Internal

    all internal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *