BootsnAll Travel Network



Snow Day

snow1.jpg

We awoke earlier this week to some cold slushy snow. We were pretty lucky since other areas of Canterbury had about a meter of snow dumped on them and some still have no power.

snow2.jpg snow3.jpg

Currently, Al and I are sorting out the paperwork for student loans as well as organizing our class schedules for July. We’re experiencing the calm before the storm and we’re both doing our best to prepare our bodies and minds for our first classes in two years. Written, that doesn’t seem like a long time, but it feels like ages. I’ve lost touch with ‘Christen the student’. I really hope the reunion goes smoothly.

For those who haven’t heard, Alan is getting his Masters of Science in Computer Security and I am getting my Masters of Health Sciences and will focus on Pain Management. We’ve already begun to read up in these areas to get in the right mindset and to get prepared to dive right into our classes. My Masters incorporates some general health care courses, like Health Information Mangagement, which I consider the “increase your employability” courses. These degrees will take us two years, and from there I will either go on to medical school or get my PhD. At this moment I have absolutely no idea which direction I will go, and I’m going to give it a year before I start to seriously decide.

Well, that’s the news from here, we’ll give an update once we start our classes. Its a few days early, but Happy Father’s Day to Dad, Papa, Devlin, and all the other fathers out there. Love you all!

snow4.jpg



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *