BootsnAll Travel Network



Welcome to the WILDSIDE!!!

That would be Wildside Backpackers….. Buffalo Bay, found just south of Knysna, this stunning shoreline really does live upto its name of being the Wildside. Superb surfing and swimming and a fantastic natural rockpool where you can go snorkel for fish, crabs and even an octopus or two.

Wildside Backpackers: 9/10 great atmosphere, very friendly staff, delicious food and the beach literally comes in the back door. A definite must. Daily trips into Knysna ensure that you won’t miss out on the little town, but if you are in the area, a stay at Wildside is the thing to do.

Spent my days swimming and lying on the beach and watching my friends surf. Spent the evenings gazing at the stars or visiting the bar.

On the second day a very random thing happened. 2 of the girls and I went to Buffalo Bay, the town, to look at the waves, found it pretty much dead pan. So headed back to Wildside. While I played paprazzi on the beach, the girls attempted to get a few waves. Suddenly out of the setting sun this rather hunky surfer walks up to me and asks if my friends are trying surfing for the first time. When I say “yeah pretty much”, he replies with “I would love to teach them….”, “they would love you to teach them too…” came my answer. So there he went, promptly walking into the waves and taught all afternoon. At the end of the day, the 3 of us are all smiles and trying to buy him a drink. He just declines, says he has to get back, and literally ….. RUNS OFF INTO THE SUNSET! Talk about random…..



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *