BootsnAll Travel Network



Family….and more family

Wow, who ever thought my entry would be on the correct date. But here I am able to catch up a little.

Have been in Port Elizabeth for 3days now. Only arrived at Tanaqua Lodge at 1am thursday morning. But was given a fabulous room with private shower, loo, TV and DOUBLE bed!!!! Please note I do not usually stay in such “comfort” at backpackers, but am on a marketing trip and this often means I get a few perks…… The owners of Bomvu decided since I was heading down to Cape Town I could take flyers with which is equivalent to a marketing trip. Most hostels give free accomodation, some give meals and occasionally some give you better rooms. No arguments here.

Tanaqua Lodge: 9.5/10, stunning set-up, swimming pool, very homely with up-market decorating. The word elegant comes to mind. Had a little bit of water pressure problems but think they were still fixing up that room. Very friendly staff. Excellent atmosphere. A definite must!!

Met up with my dad’s cousin for lunch and then onto my gran. She has just moved to PE and I went to see her new house. Then onto my aunt, lunch with my second cousin and finally tea with old friends of my parents. Crumbs!!!! All in 4 days! Now am at Wet Hippo Backpackers because the bus comes at 6.30am tomorrow.

Wet Hippo Backpackers: 8/10. The manager is very friendly. Good internet connection. Satelitte TV. Pool, very comfortable.

Tomorrow is on to Plettenburg Bay and the last set of family members, other cousins of my dad.



Tags: ,

One response to “Family….and more family”

  1. Alan says:

    Hi Kathy

    Just to let you know that we have / had a link to this entry on your blog via our RSS newsfeeds on the My Port Elizabeth web site. Thanks for visiting Port Elizabeth and hope to see you again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *