BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m on Vacation!

101.jpg

My students are on Spring Break and so am I!! Therefore, I’m back in Taiwan for a week. My purpose for this trip is 3 things: Sleep, Relax, and Eat LOTS! I’m currently in Taipei at my uncle and aunt’s new apartment so it’s nice and comfy. Everything is new. It’s really a nice feeling to be in a new house with my aunt, uncles, and my two cousins. They’re my second family particularly in Taiwan because I always stay with them. My two cousins (one female, one male) are both a little older than me. They are my big bro and sis when I’m in Taiwan and they take great care of me. Even though it’s great to be living on my own, once in awhile, it’s nice to be pampered again being the youngest. So far the highlight of this trip has been the food and the endless eating marathon. I haven’t missed a meal since I’ve got here. I’ve had full breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacking in between. Food has been awesome so far and especially WAY cheaper than Japan. I have been feasting on all my favorite Taiwanese dishes and snacks. I’ve also been drinking watermelon juice practically everyday and resulting in waking up at least every night in the middle of the night to empty my bladder. I’ve also been eating a lot more meat trying to make up for all the meat that I’m NOT eating in Japan.

Highlights so far:
1) Rode a relatively new AirBus airplane with personal TV and movie selection to Taipei.

2)At the gate where the “Nothing to declare sign” was, a Taiwanese customs officer asked for my passport, looked at it without opening it and asked me, “YOU’RE AMERICAN?” At first, I said “Yes” in Chinese and then he asked me the same question again and the second time I responded “Yes” in English and then he handed back my passport without ever looking inside and said to me, “YOU GO TO WAR!” I smiled, and said “No” and quickly walked out the gate.

3)Relaxed with my aunt, uncle, and cousin at a hotel resort outside of Taipei(Hualian). It’s in Taiwan but we took an airplane to get there and the flight was only about 30 minutes.

4)Went to Taipei 101, the tallest building/skyscraper in the World. It just opened its 89th floor observatory a few months ago. It only took 35 seconds to go from floor 3 to floor 89! Nice view of Taipei but it seemed a little dark.

5)Lastly, ate and ate and ate………..

Okay, going to bed now, I’m still on vacation. Back to work on Friday!



Tags:

One Response to “I’m on Vacation!”

  1. Dia Says:

    What happened to the graduation ceremony entry?? At least your vacation sounded fun.

    Ma, what’s vacation? -Forrest Gump

  2. Posted from United States United States