BootsnAll Travel Network



New Years

Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all had a great time and great year. It’s been an interesting one for me and 2006 is looking to be quite insane. I spent New Years eve in Broome, Western Australia and boarded a plane at 6:00 am in the morning to Alice Springs Northern Territory. So yeah, just a little insane.

Simona and Corin, the two Swiss girls Tom, Steve and I were hanging with took off the day before so it was just us guys on new years, another guy Ross from England and pretty much everyone from the hostel. Tom, Steve and I were all flying out to Alice Springs New Years morning so Tom and Steve decided to “take it easy” and not go too overboard. I stayed sober because I dare not risk it. I don’t drink socially, I drink to get drunk, as some of you know quite well, so I kept it dry and it was probably a good thing.

The night started off pretty quite with Tom, Ross, Steve and I just sitting back bullshitting and taking it easy at the hostel. At 11 the hostel bar closed and every went out to the local night spot. It was an alright club but I was a bit ticked that I had to spend $10 to get in (cheap bastard). It was pretty dead at first and the count down to the new year was a bit weak but it was all good fun. Some liquer company had given out free disposable cameras at the hostel so we had fun with those. My digital camera doesn’t take pictures worth crap in the dark and in shady areas so I just used the disposable for the night.

I had a good time and hung around untill about 2:30 before I headed back to the hostel. When I left Steve and Tom were doing alright, Tom was getting a little crazy but Steve was taking it pretty easy so I wasn’t too worried about or flight and such; like I would have missed it if they weren’t there though. I went back to the Hostel in the pouring rain and just hung out with the people that were there and slowly coming in from the club. I figured there was no point in going to sleep for like 3 hours so I just stayed awake the entire night.

About 4:30 rolls around and Steve and Tom haven’t shown up yet and we have a cab coming to pick us up at 5 so I start getting a bit eager. Finally 4:40 hits and in comes Tom and Steve dragging there asses in. Tom was alright but Steve was pretty drunk regardless of what he says. He hits the kitchen ready to cook something but I tell him what time it is and he cancels that idea. To top it off he still hasn’t got a lot of his stuff packed so now he’s rushing around cramming things into his bag getting ready for a cab that’s to be there in 10 minutes. We ended up making it no problem to the cab and airport after pretty much having to swim from the hostel to the cab to the airport. Steve and Tom and still dam drunk in the airport and are being very load and swearing lots. I don’t know how security didn’t come and tell them to shut up.

I figure I got about half an hour sleep on the plane and as I type this I still haven’t slept and figure I’ve been awake for about close to 30 hours now. I need sleep.



Tags:

4 responses to “New Years”

  1. Colby says:

    yea, its probably best you didnt drink. You wouldnt want another ‘all dressed chips’ incident to make a first impression.

    happy new year

  2. Haylz says:

    Happy New Years Troy!

    Hope your having a great time up North and hope Oz is everything u hoped it would be.
    So are you making it back down to Perth at all? Shame if you dont, but i guess you would just be re-tracing your steps eh.
    If you head down to Adelaide, check out the wineries (Margaret River, south of Perth is the BEST tho!!!) but they do make some good wines over there too.
    And yes it is spider season- little word of advice… dont walk anywhere without shoes on or a torch. Spiders are everywhere- especially in trees so good luck and just thought id let ya know that that big white one you saw also comes in black too so watch out 🙂
    Oh and Aussie Day is on the 26th Jan and is a great day so have a drink and call yaself an aussie for the day… not that i think u’ll convice too many people once you open your mouth and speak…. but oh well…
    take care

  3. Sean says:

    Happy New Year buddy. Maybe it was the wise decision to stay dry, but personally I think it builds character to wake up early with a hangover and force yourself to do important things (takeoff would be pretty interesting). But I can also vouch that the all dressd chips incident was just one incident. There were others, though that was probably the ugliest.
    Keep havin fun man.

  4. Sam. K says:

    I am impressed with this page…setup really nice. Doesn’t take forever to load pics, like mine… Very impressive.. http://lincoln.ziarc.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *