BootsnAll Travel Network



Junkies Running Dry

Well I’m back in Fremantle right now after 2 and a half glorious days on Rottnest Island. Rottnest island is a small island about 12km long and about 4 km wide about 30 minutes ferry ride from Fremantle. The weather was beautiful they whole time I was there save for the wind which at time gusted up to 30 knots, which I have no idea how many kilometers that is but it was windy. Regardless it was still an amazing place. There’s pretty much no cars on the island save essential services and you get around by bike.

The first night in the hostel it was pretty much a ghost town and there was only me and 5 other people there and I ended up having an entire 6 person room to myself. It was pretty nice but stupid me left the window open and with the heavy wind I ended up freezing my ass off all night.
The second day and night more people started to come in and I went out with a group of girls from the local college to watch the sunset. When I came back to the hostel it was packed and I pretty much spent the rest of the night just bullshitting with people and getting idea’s on where to go and what to do. Now that’s the Australian experience I want, no burnt out hippies please.

quokka
This is a quokka, they’re all over the island and stupid tame.

nice
The water looks extremely inviting buts it a bit cool at around 20 degrees but that didn’t stop me.

laid back
Yep, life was pretty tough on the island. The highlights of my day’s involved sleeping under a tree, riding my bike around and finding good beaches to sit on and read.

sunrise
The sunrise was also pretty damn cool…

sunset
…as was the sunset…

sunset

wallet
Maybe my wallets in there…

All and all it was a very relaxed couple of days but it’s time to move on. I just bought a jump-on-jump-off bus ticket up north to Broome and plan to take about a month and a half getting up there, checking out all the sights along the way. After that I’m planning on heading back down to Perth and start making my way along the southern part of the country. I figure by the time I get up to Broome it will be stupid hot and by the time I get back down to Perth, it’ll be nice and hot but we’ll see what happens as I’ll probably take off in a couple days. Day’s are starting to blend together and time is starting to slow to a crawl, which is good.

Now for a very serious matter that could very well alter my travel experience and even my life. I could use some feedback on this one as it’s a pretty tough decision;
I’m thinking about ditching all but one pair of underwear, all my short pants and just wearing swimtrunks all the time.
Yep, life is just that tough right now…

Troy out.
More photos here



Tags:

-1 responses to “Junkies Running Dry”

  1. Mom says:

    Your wallet is quite likely at the bottom of the ocean by now! And the fishes are having a great time with your credit card!

    Glad to hear that you are having such a great life there! Snow here!

    Miss u!

    Mom

  2. Jesse says:

    Girls you say????

    I didn’t see any girls in those pictures….. And are those suspenders you’re wearing?

  3. dad says:

    son, i have yet to see people in your pictures. i’m with jesse, where are the girls.
    are you sure your not on a deserted island by yourself?, i haven’t seen any humans in your pictures. take more people pictures son

    love

    dad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *