BootsnAll Travel Network



Good, Bad, Great

Hey thought I’d just throw you an update as to what’s going on down here in the big S.

Good
I went to a physio therapist today and got my knee taken a look at.  The good news is it’s nothing serious.  Its patellar tendonitis but it’s brought on by the fact that my hips and calves are really inflexible so I just have to work on my flexibility in my hips and calves for starters and also work on getting my knee back to 100%.  The physio therapist was great.  She knew lots about sport and such and had a real understanding for crazy people like myself that do stupid things to themselves in the name of fitness.  I’ve got another session on Monday where we’re going to start working on increasing my knee strength.  It already feels good just after one session of getting it stretched out and massaged.  As for now I’ll just be stretching and keeping away from squats and running.  I’ve substituted running with swimming, which I’m rather enjoying and even though I suck at it I think that I may have finally found a sport for myself.  I think it’s kind of like golf, as it’s an individual’s sport that you can play/compete against yourself and others.

Bad
The bad news is that it costs $69 a hit for a session so that means an end to lunches out and expensive restaurants.  I was thinking about dipping into my savings for this but I figure it’s more of an interesting and learning experience to do it with what I make instead.  Unfortunately to top it off it’s been really crappy weather here the last two day’s and we’ve closed shop pretty early so I’m not getting as much time in so next weeks budget will be a bit tight.  I was thinking that maybe my AB health would cover it but I highly doubt that.
Great
As for the great news, I’ve started to get together with one of the guy’s from Crossfit Sydney down here and am starting to train with him.  Today was our first session and it was rad.  He works as a life guard at this huge Aquatic/fitness facility about a 15 minutes walk away and can get me in for free anytime I want so long as he’s working.  It was my first workout in a proper gym in ages and it felt great.  Along with the workout and the physio I have a feeling I’m going to be feeling it tomorrow.  It’s great, for the first time ever I have a training partner and to top it off it’s another insane nut case that does Crossfit; can’t get much better I say.

That’s about that I can think of for right now.  I need to start writing down some of my crap so that I type it out.  I also need to get some pics of work and my view from work.  Work has been good and life in my flat has been fun even though I pretty much just sleep there and stop by to eat, other then that I’m either down at the pool, at work and now at the Aquatic/fitness facility hurting myself.  I figure that was the biggest thing that I was missing about from back home, a proper gym.  Sorry friends and family but what can I say, I love it.

Troy



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *