BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 15-18 Cameron Highlands

Tea Plantation – terraced hills, if you don’t prune the tree grows tall and is useless – every two years they prune to keep branches and leaves fresh; lettuce and strawberries – all grown under plastic and in deperate gutter rows, bonfire chatting, and the worker vehicle of the hills – 1960’s Land Rover – I forgot to get picture of the 4 door cab  one like my dad owned – that was for the brothers to think back

tea-plantation-3.jpgtea-tree.jpglettuce.jpgstrawberry.jpgbonfire.jpglandrover.jpg

I finally got to ride in a mercedes – it was a diesel and was a TAXI (of all things), Buddhist Shrine for our local backpacker hotel owners (they also  had a Hindu shrine on grounds); scorpion from the insect/butterfly farm – then Tim was walking through a dark tunnel thinking of scorpions and lo and behold Josh was waiting to scare and take a picture – he succeded; jungle lounge pool table; kids able to go to a bar – there was no underage issue – hey we are all backpacking – enter into the conversation and fun

mercedez-taxi.jpgbuddhist-shrine.jpgscorpion.jpgjosh-scaring-tim.jpgpool-ch.jpgjungle-bar-dan.jpg

taking a break from tourist sightseeing – went to park and played – Josh trying to slide down the “rail” – misses skiing; Tea Plantation shot

down-time.jpgjosh-riding-a-rail.jpgtea-plantation-2.jpgPictures coming

finally blogged Kuala Lumpur after the pictures were uploaded – so if you missed it –  go on back 

Time for  some cool mountain air.  Cameron Highlands is an hill station developed by the British as a respite from the heat of Malaysia – located at about 3000 feet.  It’s also been developed into a vegetable, strawberry and tea growing area.   The tourist attraction is the primarily for its Tea Plantations and strawberry farms… and the largest flower on earth – the Rafflesia, which is abiout 2 feet across.

The trip up is on a very tight 2 lane road with 96 hairpin switchbacks – it is hard to get two buses to pass each other on the road.  Halfway up, our bus driver and the oncoming bus both took a blind curve too fast. Our driver slammed on his brakes, swerved, and ran into the side of the mountain at the mid-point of the bus where Josh was located –scary/exciting!? Everyone was fine though and we just continued on our way as though nothing happened.

This part of the trip was to get out of the heat and rest a little from travel and sightseeing.  The air was wonderful when we stepped off the bus. We were actually a bit cold! We stayed at a really neat backpacker hotel – small $10 rooms as usual,  shared toilets as normal – yet finally a HOT shower (most have been cold or luke warm), very clean, lots of travelers probably due to it having a TV-Movie room area,  “jungle bar” and evening bonfire. It was also off the main road, which means a lot, because you don’t hear motorcycles whizzing by all night. And last, we were a distance away from the mosque, so we didn’t get woken up every morning by the call to prayer! We thoroughly enjoyed playing pool, watching a few movies, hanging out on the veranda doing homework, writing, internet, and staying up till 1am sitting around the fire pit talking to other backpacker travelers – mainly English, Austrian, German, Holland, Argentinian, and a big Japanese group. A Korean guy said he saw us 3 times in Singapore; an Austrian couple was in the same hostel in Kuala Lumpur;  and another couple had seen us walking like a family of ducklings in KL . (Tim had noticed some people laughing at us as we walked down a busy street in Kuala Lumpur, and in Cameron Highlands, we got to meet them and give them a hard time for laughing at us!)  They actually said they were laughing with us:)  All the travelers think it is the greatest thing for us to take the kids out of school and see the world.  They all wished their folks could have done that with them.  They also think it’s great that we are not doing the mid or high end hotel thing, but following the backpacker grouping.  It actually is pretty neat – Josh loved to hang out with us at the firepit listening to everyone talking. Other thoughts:  most have been totally against the Israeli push into Gaza, are looking forward to the Obama administration. Most have quit their jobs after saving up for a big world or ½ world trip, or have a 2-3 week vacation and are traveling Asia.  Most are 20-28 year olds – boy do we look like the old generation – but they still think we are cool/sic!?

The first day, we just let the kids sleep in and just have a “down” day.  The only problem with a down day means they have to do homework! The next day was our sightseeing day – which included the tea plantation, strawberry farm, and butterfly/insect farm.  The tea plantations were beautiful – planted on incrediby steep hillsides. The hike in to see the Rafflesia was a 4-5 hour trek in mud and leaches – not what the kids wanted to do.  You also could take a 4×4 adventure trip which would get you within a hour of the flower, but was far too costly for a whole family – especially when kids are not that interested.   Hopefully, we’ll see on of these amazing flowers later in the trip.

The next day we left in the afternoon for Penang, another island back on the northwest coast of Malaysia.  Tim got up early and went golfing at the local public course while everyone else slept.  The other highlight was that the wall fronting the hostel had graffiti painting on it with the name of the hostel.  Tim talked to the owners to see if Josh could add to the wall.  After showing them some of Josh’s work, they decided tey wanted him to paint “Home Away From Home” and the Rafflesia flower.  It became more of chore than we thought.t would be.  The paint wouldn’t stick because there was a lot of moss growing on the wall. so we had to scrape it all off, which meant finding a hardware store and buyin some scrapers. Then we decided we should prime it, so we had to buy that and a roller and whitewash the wall and let it dry overnight. Finally, Josh got to paint.  See the Picture blog for better pictures.  It came out quit well.    Josh is leaving his mark on Asia!



Tags:

4,791 responses to “Jan 15-18 Cameron Highlands”

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

  2. Butrgu says:

    buy metoprolol no prescription – buy generic telmisartan for sale generic nifedipine 10mg

  3. Right here is the perfect website for anyone who hopes to understand this topic. You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject that has been written about for a long time. Excellent stuff, just great!

  4. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Safari. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Cheers

  5. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

  6. Xnixae says:

    order microzide 25 mg pills – buy lisinopril 2.5mg purchase zebeta without prescription

  7. Hi there very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I am glad to search out so many helpful information here in the post, we need work out more strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

  8. I every time spent my half an hour to read this blog’s content everyday along with a mug of coffee.

  9. This piece of writing gives clear idea in favor of the new viewers of blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging.

  10. What’s up, this weekend is pleasant in favor of me, because this time i am reading this fantastic educational piece of writing here at my house.

  11. You ought to take part in a contest for one of the finest blogs on the web. I will highly recommend this web site!

  12. Nvyfli says:

    order nitroglycerin pill – catapres 0.1mg for sale order generic valsartan 160mg

  13. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article plus the rest of the site is also very good.

  14. Mxgahx says:

    buy lopressor pill – purchase lopressor pill nifedipine ca

  15. JamesOxing says:

    betwinner промокод бк предоставляет игрокам возможность получить дополнительные средства на свой игровой счет. Этот бонус составляет 100% от суммы первого депозита, который игрок вносит на свой счет. Например, если новый клиент пополнил свой счет на 10 евро, то ему будет начислено еще 10 евро в качестве бонуса.
    https://vsiknygy.net.ua/wp-content/pages/betwinner_promokod_2020.html

  16. I really like what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and exposure! Keep up the great works guys I’ve included you guys to my personal blogroll.

  17. I always used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

  18. Huzur dolu Sapanca’da modern ve konforlu bir bungalow tatil için ideal! Doğayla iç içe, şömine keyfi ve göl manzarasıyla unutulmaz anlar sizi bekliyor.

  19. Bungalov Sapanca’nın huzurlu atmosferinde konforlu bir bungalovda unutulmaz bir tatil deneyimi yaşayın. Doğa ile iç içe, huzur dolu anlar için ideal!

  20. EPDM Sealing says:

    EPDM Sealing is highly durable, weather-resistant, and versatile, making it ideal for various applications such as roofing, automotive seals, and industrial gaskets.

  21. MichaelOxing says:

    Бесплатные промокоды 1xBet при регистрации 2024. Сегодня пользователям 1xBet-казино предлагаются халявные промокоды на первый депозит, которые активируются при первой регистрации. С их помощью можно увеличить сумму базового бонуса до 32500 рублей. 1XFREE777 — промокод на бонус 1xbet. Для получения реального выигрыша с возможностью вывода на карту, необходимо поставить всю бонусную сумму на экспресс-ставку с коэффициентом от 1,4. Если прогноз окажется правильным, система переведет деньги на основной счет. Не секрет, что у букмекерской конторы 1xBet помимо спортивных ставок есть и другие направления, включая онлайн-игры, гоночные события или политические состязания – более подробно в этом материале http://newstaganrog.ru/index.php/novosti-taganroga/5570-v-rossijskih-gorodah-drug-za-drugom-pojavljajutsja-2

  22. Otdvci says:

    nitroglycerin buy online – indapamide drug buy diovan

  23. Hello mates, nice piece of writing and good arguments commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.

  24. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

  25. I believe this is among the most important info for me. And i am satisfied reading your article. But want to statement on some general things, The site taste is wonderful, the articles is in point of fact great : D. Just right activity, cheers

  26. I pay a visit day-to-day a few web pages and information sites to read content, however this blog provides quality based posts.

  27. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

  28. JacobOxing says:

    1Win Приветственный Бонус (2024): Полное Руководство

    Промокод 937999 от 1Win — это ваш ключ к миру больших возможностей. С этим кодом, при первом депозите, вы можете получить бонус в размере 500% до 200 000 рублей. Это уникальное предложение позволяет новым клиентам значительно увеличить свой игровой бюджет и получить максимальное удовольствие от игры в спорте и казино.

    Как работает приветственный бонус?
    1win промокод на пополнение счета сегодня разделен на четыре этапа:

    Первый депозит: Получите 200% от суммы депозита.
    Второй депозит: Получите 150% от суммы второго депозита.
    Третий депозит: Получите 100% от суммы.
    Четвертый депозит: Получите 50% от суммы.
    Максимальная сумма бонуса составляет 200,000 рублей, а максимальный бонус на один депозит — 50,000 рублей.

    Как активировать промокод?
    Чтобы активировать промокод 937999:

    Зарегистрируйтесь на сайте 1Win.
    Введите промокод при регистрации или дайте согласие на участие в акции, если промокод был предоставлен лично.
    Пополните счет и начните играть, используя приветственный бонус.
    Как отыграть бонус?
    Чтобы отыграть бонусные средства:

    Делайте ставки с коэффициентом от 3.
    В случае выигрыша, 5% от бонусного счета переводится на ваш основной счет.
    Пример:

    Вы внесли 10 000 рублей и получили 20 000 рублей бонуса.
    Сделали ставку с коэффициентом 3 и выиграли 30 000 рублей плюс 500 рублей бонуса.
    Ваш счет теперь 30 500 рублей, а бонусный счет — 19 500 рублей.
    Дополнительные бонусы и акции
    1Win также предлагает различные акции и бонусы для любителей казино и экспресс-ставок. Следите за обновлениями на сайте, чтобы не пропустить самые выгодные предложения.

    Обратите внимание: ставки с коэффициентом менее 3 не учитываются при отыгрыше бонуса.

  29. Xljpfh says:

    simvastatin odour – fenofibrate across atorvastatin velvet

  30. Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to look it over. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Great blog and superb style and design.

  31. Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

  32. aboki pure says:

    Sounds like a picturesque trip filled with charming details and nostalgic moments.

  33. Hi everyone, it’s my first go to see at this site, and piece of writing is genuinely fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these content.

  34. If some one wants expert view concerning blogging then i recommend him/her to pay a visit this website, Keep up the fastidious job.

  35. We absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome web site!

  36. Great info. Lucky me I recently found your website by chance (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!

  37. RobertOxing says:

    1Win Приветственный Бонус (2024): Полное Руководство

    Промокод 937999 от 1Win — это ваш ключ к миру больших возможностей. С этим кодом, при первом депозите, вы можете получить бонус в размере 500% до 200 000 рублей. Это уникальное предложение позволяет новым клиентам значительно увеличить свой игровой бюджет и получить максимальное удовольствие от игры в спорте и казино.

    Как работает приветственный бонус?
    промокод на регистрацию 1win разделен на четыре этапа:

    Первый депозит: Получите 200% от суммы депозита.
    Второй депозит: Получите 150% от суммы второго депозита.
    Третий депозит: Получите 100% от суммы.
    Четвертый депозит: Получите 50% от суммы.
    Максимальная сумма бонуса составляет 200,000 рублей, а максимальный бонус на один депозит — 50,000 рублей.

    Как активировать промокод?
    Чтобы активировать промокод 937999:

    Зарегистрируйтесь на сайте 1Win.
    Введите промокод при регистрации или дайте согласие на участие в акции, если промокод был предоставлен лично.
    Пополните счет и начните играть, используя приветственный бонус.
    Как отыграть бонус?
    Чтобы отыграть бонусные средства:

    Делайте ставки с коэффициентом от 3.
    В случае выигрыша, 5% от бонусного счета переводится на ваш основной счет.
    Пример:

    Вы внесли 10 000 рублей и получили 20 000 рублей бонуса.
    Сделали ставку с коэффициентом 3 и выиграли 30 000 рублей плюс 500 рублей бонуса.
    Ваш счет теперь 30 500 рублей, а бонусный счет — 19 500 рублей.
    Дополнительные бонусы и акции
    1Win также предлагает различные акции и бонусы для любителей казино и экспресс-ставок. Следите за обновлениями на сайте, чтобы не пропустить самые выгодные предложения.

    Обратите внимание: ставки с коэффициентом менее 3 не учитываются при отыгрыше бонуса.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *